Who's Going to Take Ariel's Job?

TBH I’m annoyed by Megan, Laura, Ariel.

They should have entertaining people like Chael, Schmo, Karyn, Bisping, John Morgan doing interviews.

I actually like Ariel's interviews. Brett's are so boring imo. Will miss Ariel

Ariel doesn't work for Dana. He works for ESPN. Dana can't fire or just not offer a new contract to a guy who doesn't work for him. What am I missing here? The contract negotiation is between ESPN execs - who have never criticised Ariel as far as I know - and Ariel.

You are correct... most people posters usually have no idea what they are talking about

Never forget that Ariel cried... come on, your kids are gonna see that.
Because most people don’t give a shit. He certainly didn’t give a shit. Why people like you do, because you were brought up thinking men aren’t supposed to cry or whatever bullshit you believe to be true, is mind boggling.

Ariel has been covering mma longer than most mma fans have even been fans. It would be a shame if they replace him and especially some noob that doesnt know jack

After Dana boots Ariel to the curb when his contract is over in June who's going to take that weasels job?

My money is on either the Canadian Ariel:

artworks-fcKMRj2t4MyLC1LJ-eZ5vXQ-t500x500.jpg

or the Schmo:

Schmo+1.png
Lol. Trust n believe if ariel CHOOSES to remain at espn, he will. 10x journalist of the year, has a bigger following than any other mma journalist in the game, this isn’t even a question. The ball is in ariels court, not Dana’s.

Most likely Okamoto. He's been doing more interviews recently and it looks like they're building him up to be Ariel's replacement. Dana loves him and he's definitely a lot more attractive than Ariel:

i

ariel is one ugly motherfucker lol his personality even worse

The Canadian Ariel? So like the regular Ariel?

You are correct... most people posters usually have no idea what they are talking about
Maybe some think that Dana holds some sway regarding Ariel's future because of the UFC/ESPN connection, but I just don't see it.

Never forget that Ariel cried... come on, your kids are gonna see that.

Grown men expressing emotion that isn't happiness or anger - can't have that. Those tears are gonna scar his kids for life...!!

Dana only likes journalists that don't do anything journalistic like asking tough questions or breaking news.

If you show up to every event looking like a caricature asking the same old basic questions then Dana will not hate you.

Ariel doesn't work for Dana. He works for ESPN. Dana can't fire or just not offer a new contract to a guy who doesn't work for him. What am I missing here? The contract negotiation is between ESPN execs - who have never criticised Ariel as far as I know - and Ariel.

I just assumed ESPN would keep him with their investment in MMA. Not keeping him would be worrying for the UFC IMO. Looking to cost cut in the MMA space says they aren't committed to the product and would reflect on how ESPN feels the UFC deal is going.

Where would he possibly go for a better offer?

Ariel likely will be back..

Back