Who's Better in the Scramble Than Dan Henderson?

Ether13

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hendo may not be your favorite fighter; in fact, some of you Zoomers may only know him as the guy who beat Bisping (twice), but he has some of the greatest victories while scrambling. These improvised moments are a testament to Dan's deviled fighting skills. Even as a shell of his former self, he was extremely dangerous in these sizzling situations. Who is else is harder to beat in the scramble? I challenge you to find someone better in that regard.

Here are just a few examples of the competition Hendo has cracked:

Fedor -- as your beloved Fedor was getting up, Hendo whisked him from behind and hatched a vicious, unexpected KO.

Hector Lombard -- while Lombard was holding his leg, Hendo missed with a hard-boiled H-bomb, but on the recoil of his punch, he elbowed the shit out of him.

Shogun -- Hendo straight up yolked Shogun after nearly being finished early on.

Babalu -- after flipping around and avoiding upkicks, Hendo cracked him open with punches.

Bisping 2 -- even though the victory was poached from ol' Dan, he had some ecstatic moments in the clinch, and battered Bisping's face.

I see you forgot to add Shields.... ;) He also didn't scramble to well again Frank Shamrock in their late 90's sub grappling contest.

But ya. He's always been solid.

I see you forgot to add Shields.... ;) He also didn't scramble to well again Frank Shamrock in their late 90's sub grappling contest.
But ya. He's always been solid.
Pretty sure TS is talking about guys that get big KO wins in scrambles.

Benavidez/Cruz/Dillashaw are some of the best scramblers we've seen in MMA. When those guys get put on their back, they find a way up instantly.

The way he executes stuff like this is just magic (go to 3:50):

but im referring to fighters who have male heights

Beneil Dariush is pretty slick in scrambles

I just came in to throw out a name nobody else has yet

old man chuck was a bad dude in close. Ask randy.

I would say Nog would feature pretty highly depending on what you call a scamble, his subs over Mirko. Semmy, Sylvia, etc were all hit as they were trying to escape being on their backs.

Mir as well of course, Nog, Lesnar, Sylvia, etc caught in those situations plus you can't ignore Aoki and Imanari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back