Who's better? Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi?

Who's the better soccer player?

• Total voters
"not even close"
they played to win!
Shut the fuck up

DDDDDWD

LOL at a shitty format where finishing 3rd in a group of 4 without a single win, qualifies you for the next round.

you´r a good man with good intentions, i see that and im not wrong often, but you´r very negative, you cry 2 much, and i know you have a great sense of humour!
you should workk on that if you allow me to say such thing. And without counting the years that will take for Man U to rise again. :p
Cheers

DDDDDWD

LOL at a shitty format where finishing 3rd in a group of 4 without a single win, qualifies you for the next round.

i don't get this mind set

whether by an inch or by a mile

winning is winning

I love reading these threads, being someone who knows fuck all about soccer.

as did Greece. Beat Portugal not once but twice in that competition they supposedly bottled, but were nowhere close to the best team.
i remember both games... Greece beat us 2-1 in group stage despite us dominating the entire game, and yet we finished above them on points.
The Final we again dominated the game, they defended behind the ball line and they scored from a corner.
But this why, imo, Cup tournaments like CL have so much worth to win, in leagues you can afford mistakes and lose a few points here and there, eventually the better squad will prevail, but in Cup tournaments the margin for error is much smaller, its anyones game, one mistake and the better team can lose so the pressure is even higher. And thats why i believe that winning the CL is more difficult than winning the PL. :) ( and i know that Lewis completly, in a kind of complete way, agrees with me LOL)

i remember both games... Greece beat us 2-1 in group stage despite us dominating the entire game, and yet we finished above them on points.
The Final we again dominated the game, they defended behind the ball line and they scored from a corner.
But this why, imo, Cup tournaments like CL have so much worth to win, in leagues you can afford mistakes and lose a few points here and there, eventually the better squad will prevail, but in Cup tournaments the margin for error is much smaller, its anyones game, one mistake and the better team can lose so the pressure is even higher. And thats why i believe that winning the CL is more difficult than winning the PL. :) ( and i know that Lewis completly, in a kind of complete way, agrees with me LOL)
Sounds like they failed to take their chances and couldn't cope with the main threats to me.<Prem973><{Fergie}>. Agreed on CL > PL though.

Sounds like they failed to take their chances and couldn't cope with the main threats to me.<Prem973><{Fergie}>. Agreed on CL > PL though.
our keeper made a miserable attempt to grab the ball from the corner kick. :S
old motto in football ... if you fail to succeed you will end up conceeding. ;)

Ronaldo can always point to the fact he won the league in 4 different countries, as well as a major international title. For all Messi’s artistry and majesty, that remains the one question mark over his career.

Ronaldo only won the league in 3 countries: England, Spain and Italy. He never won it in Portugal.
Ronaldo won 3 titles in six seasons at United. In the six seasons preceeding his arrival, United won the title 4 times. So United were actually more successful before he came.
Ronaldo won 2 titles in nine seasons at Madrid. In the nine seasons preceeding his arrival, Madrid won the title 4 times. So Madrid were actually more successful before he came.
When Ronaldo first arrived at Juve, they'd won the title in the previous seven seasons. Their "goals for" dropped by 16 in his first season there. Quagliarella and Zapata were more productive in Serie A last year than Ronaldo.
So far this season, Ronaldo hasn't even been a top 5 most productive player in Serie A. Juve are only 4th in "goals for".

It's hard to go against Messi in a pure skill discussion but I would say that Ronaldo has the better legacy, he has proven himself in multiple leagues, won 3 champions leagues in a row including a record 17 goal season and has performed and won gold on the international stage.

Anyone that says Cristiano doesnt know football

As a Greek i have heard this argument from everyone. Yet still we beat France, You guys (twice and 2-1 the first game), czech republic, and tied spain (who basically dominated the international stage for while after that)
all in more or less the same fashion. No one could crack the code.

Greece's defense is what was special. That and our goalie Nikopolidis i believe his name is. That dude was like a gigantic wall that wouldn't even let a gentle breeze pass get by him. If it wasn't for him there is no chance we could have gotten through.

That being said
tenor.gif

187825hp2.jpg
<{MingNope}>

As a Greek i have heard this argument from everyone. Yet still we beat France, You guys (twice and 2-1 the first game), czech republic, and tied spain (who basically dominated the international stage for while after that)
all in more or less the same fashion. No one could crack the code.

Greece's defense is what was special. That and our goalie Nikopolidis i believe his name is. That dude was like a gigantic wall that wouldn't even let a gentle breeze pass get by him. If it wasn't for him there is no chance we could have gotten through.

That being said
tenor.gif

187825hp2.jpg
<{MingNope}>
youve made a fair point, and i dont question it, at all.
You have your arguments and your beautifull reasoning, but still i have something else ...
salute929b5a0800571f3b.gif

Messi without a doubt.

He still do as many goals as C. Ronaldo while being basically the best playmaker in the league.

I admire C. Ronaldos competetiveness and mental ability - it could be one of the most impressive I've seen in sports, he will do 150% to become the best.

Unlucky for C. Ronaldo his natural ability is just too far from Messis.

Back