Whoever thought Lawler/hendricks 3 was a good idea should be fired.

well its a good idea if you want to make money back you've been losing from being a shitty money based company. But as far as sports go its a fucking smack in the mouth.

It's not good from a money perspective either. I have yet to talk to a casual fan (and I work with a ton of them) that wants to see a third match up.

Literally the only thing it's good for is getting a Reebok sponsored champion back. Which is still stupid considering every fighter will be wearing Reebok by July of this year.

It just bogs down an exciting division. It seems all weight divisions they're doing this to.

Can't wait for them to just get it over with..

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!!!

Watch them end up fighting to a fucking draw so we get a fourth god damn fight

Only person that would be happy to see that is Dana. Not sure why he is so obsessed with these two. Bring out the Rory Mac

Honestly, does the welterweight title have any prestige at this point? GSP was never beat, and instead of a tournament to crown a new champ, they have Hendricks and Lawler fight each other 3 times. No one gives a fuck anymore.

It's best to get this out of the way, the trilogy is only going to get less marketable over time.

Can't wait for them to just get it over with..

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!!!

Watch them end up fighting to a fucking draw so we get a fourth god damn fight

Only person that would be happy to see that is Dana. Not sure why he is so obsessed with these two. Bring out the Rory Mac

I would love to see Rory's face if the third fight went to a draw. Oh wait, it would be the same face he always has.

See THIS would have me excited.

There has to be some underlying reason for why this didn't happen that they will not mention.

The close fight reason is complete horseshit. Either Hendricks and his team have something on Dana and co or they are trying their absolute hardest to get GSP back to the WW title picture and don't want Rory messing those plans up. I believe GSP is they key reason for why they are prolonging giving Rory a titleshot.

This is the only logical explanation I can come up with for why Rory isn't fighting Lawler next for the title.

They're going to have to stack the card around it. I'm ticked they're goung right back to the trilogy. It'd be ok if Hendricks won a couple to get back but I'm not interested in the instant rematch. The one time I'm hoping for an injury!!

I don't want to see it. Hendricks didnt even defend his belt once, and now he gets a rematch?

The only guys that Hendricks has clearly beaten in the UFC are pretty much done in the sport. Everyone else he fights is a close decision and often boring.
Why would an org that desires the violent KO give preference to a grinder that hasn't really seperated himself from the pack? Lombard or Rory should have been offered a shot.

Christ almighty, THIS.

That last Lawler/Hendricks fight was one of the most godawful spectacles of monkeyfucking in Octagon history. Neither fighter seemed to give a shit about actually winning the title; but rather just doing 'enough' work to hopefully sway a decision. Lawler did jack-shit until the last 30 seconds, and Hendricks just ran out the clock with Wall'N'Stall.

Of the two, Lawler was more disappointing (and I say this as a fan). I have no idea what criteria the judges were using that night, but it's one of the more pisspoor championship wins I've ever seen.

It simply astonishes me that anyone with two braincells to rub together can think that Lawler/Hendricks III will be even remotely interesting.

Agreed. For a solid two rounds Lawler just stood in front of hendricks blocking and taking shots without throwing a punch. Then he comes good in the final 30 seconds of round 5. wtf.

I'll be watching it, and by watching I mean cleaning my rifles, playing with the kids and feeding the horses.

I 100% agree with TS. I wont buy this card. I wont even go to wild wings for it, this card isnt worth a beer and 5 wings.

I wouldnt even watch this for free.

Agreed. Unless they stack it with solid fights I won't be watching but not paying for sure hope that ppv bombs

I agree, I won't be watching this fight either. There are so many other match ups and challengers. I think the UFC just throws out bs.

Lawler/Hendricks 2 did good numbers right? That explains why they want the threematch.

But IMO McDonald/Lombard is now a bigger fight than this. They could have done Lawler/McDonald 2 and Hendricks/Lombard instead.

This honestly might be the UfC's stupidest match-up yet. And that's saying something.

why is that a bad idea? 2 close fights with two beasts, the last decision was a bit controversial so it's not more than right for Hendricks to get a rematch.

Back