Whoever thought Lawler/hendricks 3 was a good idea should be fired.

LyotoMacheetah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No one wants to see this shit. The first fight was competitive, okay, but it wasn't very entertaining. Watching 2 guys with knockout power go 30% on each other. Second fight, lawler just stands there eating 30% punches and then rests his nuts on hendricks's head followed by lawler blitzing him the last 20 seconds. So exciting.

I'd rather watch crocop/mir over this. I'd rather watch UFN card with zero star power over this. I'd rather watch soccer over this. Seriously, wtf. This is why the UFC is dying. They keep putting on lameass fights or gimmick fights that no one wants to see.

Who wants to see Hendricks fight the same guy 3 times in a row in a little more than a year? Rematches should only happen after a long period of time when it's obvious one guy improved so we get a different type of match. This is the problem with having these rematches so early, we'll just get the same exact type of fight because the fighters had little time to grow. They should have learned after rushing the JDS/Cain 3 fight. Anyone who went to kindergarten knew how that fight was going to end, JDS didn't have a lot of time to grow and look what they did to him, sent him off to get brutalized for another 5 rounds. Zero regard for fighter safety.

First fight was very exciting. Second fight had a few moments. Third fight will be the worst, let Hendricks get a few wins before he fights for the title again.

Oh shush TS. Adults are talking.

True.

Hendricks should earn his way back. Lawler fought a dangerous Browne and a lose/lose match against Ellenberger. Meanwhile Hendricks was off to surgery still whining about his gloves and turn up shit. He's still whining about the last fight, blaming his diet for losing to Lawler. What an excuse machine.

I hope Hendricks gets stopped violently by Lawler this time so we don't have to watch this BS. I'm not going to watch in anyways. No way I'm spending $60 on something I've already seen.

I 100% agree with TS. I wont buy this card. I wont even go to wild wings for it, this card isnt worth a beer and 5 wings.

I wouldnt even watch this for free.

IDK maybe Hendricks will finally realize he has to really fight in title fights

Why would Rory vs Lawler be better? We saw it a year ago, and Lawler murdered him.

on Edit; No idea why I typed Rory Murdered him

Agreed. What happens if Hendricks wins by split decision? Do they get another rematch or is Lawler expected to climb his way back when Hendricks didn't have to?

I agree. This is crap. Clear favoritism for hendricks.

Rory Vs Lawler makes a lot more sense. Sure they fought once, but that was I believe 6 fights ago between the two.

Yeah agreed, to do the 3rd fight so fast is madness... I don't wanna see it again and I know many people don't either. there needs to be a fresh fight for the 170 title.

The judges who gave lawler the win should be fired instead

Christ almighty, THIS.

That last Lawler/Hendricks fight was one of the most godawful spectacles of monkeyfucking in Octagon history. Neither fighter seemed to give a shit about actually winning the title; but rather just doing 'enough' work to hopefully sway a decision. Lawler did jack-shit until the last 30 seconds, and Hendricks just ran out the clock with Wall'N'Stall.

Of the two, Lawler was more disappointing (and I say this as a fan). I have no idea what criteria the judges were using that night, but it's one of the more pisspoor championship wins I've ever seen.

It simply astonishes me that anyone with two braincells to rub together can think that Lawler/Hendricks III will be even remotely interesting.

Rory Vs Lawler makes a lot more sense. Sure they fought once, but that was I believe 6 fights ago between the two.

I can't stand Rory; mostly because he exudes the vibe of a serial killer who spent his youth torturing small animals.

But how the fuck the UFC passes on his title shot now is a total mystery to me. Hendricks isn't even a compelling champion to begin with. The guy's got the personality of a coffee stain.

I'd sooner try to touch the moon than figure out the 'logic' the UFC uses in its fight planning.

True.

Hendricks should earn his way back. Lawler fought a dangerous Browne and a lose/lose match against Ellenberger. Meanwhile Hendricks was off to surgery still whining about his gloves and turn up shit. He's still whining about the last fight, blaming his diet for losing to Lawler. What an excuse machine.

I hope Hendricks gets stopped violently by Lawler this time so we don't have to watch this BS. I'm not going to watch in anyways. No way I'm spending $60 on something I've already seen.

I see what you did there :wink:

I wonder if we're gonna have the fourth fight immediatly after if Hendricks wins a close fight.

They want Hendricks to hold the title for GSP's return

This is a match that I'd check the result the following day and watch a highlight, if there were any highlight worthy moments. Definitely wouldn't go out and pay to watch and probably wouldn't bother tuning into a free live stream (that would depend on the quality of the rest of the card).

Back