who would you consider the 3 most skilled fighters right now?

Silva, Jones, Cruz. I know I will get flamed for the Silva one, but he still is the most skilled guy out there.

Lol @ guys saying Silva and Conor.

Jones, MM, maybe Cruz or Aldo.

Jones, Wonderboy, Conor....Mighty Mouse honorable mention...Cruz if he could fight more than once every 3 years!

Would love to se Cruz vs Mighty Mouse

Aldo (still), Jones and MM. Cruz is up there too

Silva, Jones, Cruz. I know I will get flamed for the Silva one, but he still is the most skilled guy out there.
Anyone who tries to discredit the Spider's skills is a straight up moron and should be completely ignored.

It's not even about records, title defenses, or wins... it's the way he did it. Like him or not, anyone who cant appreciate his skills is not a true martial arts fan.

Jones not being number one on everyone's list is insane

Cruz has good timing and footwork, but no real punching power.

I'm going Dillashaw (I think he wins the rematch), MM, JBJ in no particular order

Anyone who tries to discredit the Spider's skills is a straight up moron and should be completely ignored.

It's not even about records, title defenses, or wins... it's the way he did it. Like him or not, anyone who cant appreciate his skills is not a true martial arts fan.

But he is getting older. No doubt in his prime he was one of the most skilled fighters ever (if not the most), but he has really lost the things that made him great. His timing and reaction time. Even before Weidman he seemed to be slowing a bit

Jones, Wonderboy, Conor....Mighty Mouse honorable mention...Cruz if he could fight more than once every 3 years!

Would love to se Cruz vs Mighty Mouse
That doesn't determine how skilled he is.

Cruz has good timing and footwork, but no real punching power.

I'm going Dillashaw (I think he wins the rematch) Rockhold, JBJ
Dominick%2BCruz%2BDestroys%2BTakeya%2BMizugaki%2BUFC%2B178.gif

Conor and Silva are probably the best strikers, but they have a hole in their wrestling game. How is this even a discussion?

But he is getting older. No doubt in his prime he was one of the most skilled fighters ever (if not the most), but he has really lost the things that made him great. His timing and reaction time. Even before Weidman he seemed to be slowing a bit
Maybe so, it makes sense that he's slowing down a bit at 40 years old, but in my opinion he's still the most skilled fighter I've ever seen. For a guy who doesn't have great wrestling, to dominate for as long as he did, I think it's pretty damn amazing.

That's what separates him from the other 3 GOAT candidates (Fedor, GSP, Bones), they all had the takedowns to fall back on and keep their opponents guessing.

Silva only had his striking to threaten you with, so everyone knew what to expect, and they were still helpless to stop it.

JBJ

Need to see MM fight Cruz again, can't have both on the list.

Conor (I consider mouth a skill)

Jones
MM

I'm having a tough time deciding the third. I think Thomas Almeida will get there eventually.

Back