who would be your top 10 legends of the sport

If the qualifier here is which people have helped propel the sport into the mainstream and grow it to the size it is today?

Dana
Fedor
Chuck
Brock
Conor
GSP
Rampage
Rogan
Arianna
Rhonda

Last edited:
Fedor
Cro Cop
Jones
GSP
Conor
Khabib
Spider
Wand
Overeem

Can't decide on a 10th who stands out more then others. Anything like Hendo, Vitor, Shogun, Nog, DC, Rampage and others.

Criteria is cultural impact and sports success. And who I deem to be good.

Explanation
Fedor - legendary figure. Considered a goat, longest win streak
CC - best highlight real, K1 and Pride legend, 2 decades of fights and relevance
Jones - the best
GSP - goat ww, complete fighter, role model for many, clean guy no disrespect
Conor - 2 titles and biggest hype in combat sports, elevated the sport comercially
Khabib - undefeated, original, start of the beard russiana wrestling legacy
Spider - dominat MW champ, matrix man
Wand - violence God, Pride champ
Overeem - long career of elite mma and kickboxing in the east and west, lhw to uw, the Uber Man, do or die 95% finish rate win or lose

Last edited:
Royce
Fedor
Anderson
Conor
Chuck
Sakuraba
Ronda Rousey
BJ
Frank Shamrock
Tito Ortiz

Kazushi Sakuraba, Forrest Griffin, and Big Nog are prime candidates for a Legends list,
Are you putting Forrest fucking Griffin in the same sentece that Saku or Big Nog, and is not even a troll job?

Rickson, Royce, Sakuraba, Wanderlei, Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Ronda, Randy, Jones

Frank Shamrock
Sakuraba
Royce Gracie
Wanderlei Silva
Kid Yamamoto
Fedor Emelianenko
Georges St Pierre
Jon Jones
Max Holloway
Nick Diaz

There's way more than 10, and the perennial GOATs would almost have to be included in any "Legends" list. General logic would have them at the top, so you'd have like 4 spots going to the fan favorites.
Yeah. A legends list has to encompass the GOAT list. And it can really be a fun list because you can include fighters that haven't been mentioned much lately.

I'll expand my list later. To start it off, I'll also name Don Frye.

Fedor
Sakuraba
Anderson
Gsp
Royce
Henderson
Jones
Bj
Rickson
Iceman

Royce Gracie
Kazushi Sakuraba
Wanderlei Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
Chuck Liddell
Dan Henderson
BJ Penn
Nick Diaz

For me, it's a combination of fighting anyone, anywhere and being very successful in doing so. I am leaving a lot of virtuoso 'sport fighters' off the list because they avoided risky matchups and/or fought with a safety first mindset. They have their own list though, which most people consider to be more prestigious anyway.

10) Randy Couture

9) BJ Penn

8) Tito Ortiz

7) Chuck Liddel

6) Conor Mcgregor

5) Nate Diaz

4) Anderson Silva

3) Fedor

2) Jon Jones

1) GSP

Fedor
Nogueira
Shogun
Rampage
McGregor
Diaz
Diaz
Penn
Khabib
Silva

1. Fedor
2. Sakuraba
3. Royce
4. Cro cop
5. Wanderlei
6. Anderson
7. Bj penn
8. Shogun
9. Chuck
10. Randy

Tough list with lots of legends though
This might be the best list I have seen in this thread.

Absolute icons, legends, warriors.

If we told some of their stories to new fans they would almost not believe it because it sounds so far fetched.

These guys were just so tough. They are the equivalent to the old school legends of Boxing who had like 200 fights. (Guys like Sugar Ray Robinson and Archie Moore)

I grew up watching Wand stomping skulls and all these guys so it was normal to me then. But now looking back I see these were warriors of a whole different breed. We will never see these types again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back