Who wins Rizin GP (Semi Final stage poll)

Who wins the GP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And once again Mirko will surprise everyone and win the whole thing.
He will handle Baruto via leg chops and no one can eat that left hand shot from him either.
Finals via UD/SD.

I won money today on Cro Cop beating King Mo, but Baruto is going to be a tough challenge for him in the semi-finals. Unlike in the King Mo fight, Cro Cops is the much smaller man here and Baruto is deceptively quick and skilled at getting the takedowns. I don't think Cro Cop's leg or body kicks are likely to hurt Baruto due to his massive size and padding. Unless he catches Baruto clean to the head with punches or kicks I think Baruto will push Cro Cop into the corner post and get relatively easy takedowns. We'll see if Cro Cop gets the benefit of referee standups which may help Cro Cop back to his feet. If not, I think Baruto will take the decision, especially in a two round fight.

Aliakbari meanwhile, despite his great wrestling, seemed to have absolutely no submission skills and also gassed out in his fight against Heath Herring. I believe Herring would have stopped an exhausted Aliakbari if that went to a third round. I think Moldavsky will be too well rounded for Aliakbari. He's either going to avoid takedowns or get up if he is taken down and punish him to get a stoppage or decision. My finals prediction will be Baruto vs Moldavsky and that will be a tough one depending on how the semi-finals go, but if I had to pick I'd say Moldavsky wins it all.

You gotta wonder how far Baruto could develop if he actually trained at a real team with striking coaches and stuff.

This is gp,everything is possible,injuries...Amir,i think,but Mirko is my fav.forever,and for The End of great career.

I like the fat guy. It seems like everyone hates him but no one can beat him and it annoys the crowd :D

Baruto-CC will be awesome.

Mirko will land some hard kicks to his legs and will smash his face with punches. But...Baruto will succeed with his sumo rush and get Mirko down at least once as well. It all depends on Barutos chin and heart.

I think it will be Modavsky v CroCop for finals and CroCop for the win.
I would love it if CC can win the whole thing and basically do a repeat of the 2006 Pride GP win.

prediction - CC's going to break Barutos orbital like he did with Bob Sapp.

I also think Modavsky and Nemkov will be future stars - they are really coming along and just need a few more years experience.
If Baruto would train more submission and BJJ he could be devastating as well. Like wrestling a tree now but if the tree became skilled in BJJ he would be amazing.

Aliakbari wins this shit. Believe it.

Between a light heavyweight, old man Cro Cop, and a freakshow the choice has never been more obvious.

If he's gonna be as stupid or as gassy as yesterday, he stands no chance. All the others have decent cardio. Even Baruto didn't gas out.

It's turned into an intriguing little scenario here. I think that Cro Cop may be the only person capable of beating Baruto, so if Baruto beats Cro Cop I think he'll win the whole thing.

However if Cro Cop gets into the final, then things will get interesting. I believe he can beat either of the other two (anyone in the tournament, really), but will he?

Pulling for a Cro Cop win.

Obviously I hope cro cop does well, but I would love to see baruto and Amir go at it in the finals!

Cro Cop and Baruto are both so cool, not sure who to cheer for. I hope Fedor's friend beats the Iranian.

IMO:
Cro Cop > Baruto via Kick and run to an UD
Moldavsky > Amir via TDD and counter
Moldavsky > Cro Cop via jab, combos and movement
This!!!! IMO is between Moldavsky and Mirko

Going with Moldavsky to shock the world and defeat Baruto for the Rizin belt!

Cro cop gonna handle Baruto... He always knew fo fight slower giants...

Finals are gonna be heavily determined by the damage taken in the semis...

I just hope noone pulls out...

I went with Cro cop. I don't know if he can still realistically win, but i'm a fan and i'll support him!

you don't know if mirko can realistically win? WTF?! More like can mirko realistically lose?

I won money today on Cro Cop beating King Mo, but Baruto is going to be a tough challenge for him in the semi-finals. Unlike in the King Mo fight, Cro Cops is the much smaller man here and Baruto is deceptively quick and skilled at getting the takedowns. I don't think Cro Cop's leg or body kicks are likely to hurt Baruto due to his massive size and padding. Unless he catches Baruto clean to the head with punches or kicks I think Baruto will push Cro Cop into the corner post and get relatively easy takedowns. We'll see if Cro Cop gets the benefit of referee standups which may help Cro Cop back to his feet. If not, I think Baruto will take the decision, especially in a two round fight.

Aliakbari meanwhile, despite his great wrestling, seemed to have absolutely no submission skills and also gassed out in his fight against Heath Herring. I believe Herring would have stopped an exhausted Aliakbari if that went to a third round. I think Moldavsky will be too well rounded for Aliakbari. He's either going to avoid takedowns or get up if he is taken down and punish him to get a stoppage or decision. My finals prediction will be Baruto vs Moldavsky and that will be a tough one depending on how the semi-finals go, but if I had to pick I'd say Moldavsky wins it all.

The Thing with this tourny is that Moldavsky is by far the most durable fighter here since he cannot be gassed and he eats punches without flinching meanwhile Baruto doesn't like getting hit (watch Fujita fight) and Ali has a suspicious tank AND doesn't like getting hit and Cro Cop is so old and damaged that he couldn't even get to the press conference/ weigh in

No matter what happens Moldavsky is the guy that seems like he will be ready to fight 30 minutes Today and go through hell whereas the other 3 guys look like they will break down for one reason or another

Moldavsky vs Baruto and Moldavsky winning by outlasting Baruto seems very likely IMO

Back