Who wins Rizin GP (Semi Final stage poll)

Who wins the GP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mattandbenny

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Thought it would be fun to have another poll now we are at the semi final stage.

Brackets are Crocop vs Baruto & Aliakbari vs Moldavsky.

The secret is out on Amir that his gas tank is running low.

And Crocop looks really out of shape (but still dangerous)

Baruto is a mystery but i think loses to Cro Cop

Moldavsky beats Crocop in a UD

CroCop looks strong as fuck. He was bullying Mo around there. I'm glad he has that extra mass if he fights Baruto. I think he can weather Baruto enough to get him tired and TKO him, but it's gonna be dangerous, and depends on how much damage Mirko took tonight. Baruto is just so huge that even though CroCop should win, you could see something crazy happening.

Still tho, Mirko is on a 5 fight win streak and hasn't lost since 2013, also was doing really well in K1 in that time a few years ago. He is looking better right now than he has in years. He's not timid, he doesn't get KOd, and he is finishing people. I kinda wish they had elbows in this tournament, Mirko seems to have really sharpened that lately

Depending on how lenient the judges will be with standups and breaks, Baruto could actually take it. Everyone is going on about "you just gotta stick and move bro, touch him with the jab/leg kick/body kick/whatever and move out". The thing is that he's actually incredibly fast for his weight at getting into the clinch from just outside the tip of his opponent's striking range.
You might get in one good strike against him at most before he clinches you, but he doesnt seem to give much of a fuck about those either. He caught a full power overhand right desperation swing from Fujita (Fedor-wobbler style) last fight and seemed slightly annoyed on a personal level at most.

Sure you could (correctly) argue that he's only fought old dudes so far, but the point is that Cro Cop is certainly not winning any fights on his speed and footwork anymore either, and Aliakbari is way too green in his striking technique to keep him out reliably - Herring got in on him no problem (whatever reason he had for wanting to...).

Moldavsky and Nemkov might actually be the only guys left with the natural speed to stick and move against him effectively.

CroCop looks strong as fuck. He was bullying Mo around there. I'm glad he has that extra mass if he fights Baruto. I think he can weather Baruto enough to get him tired and TKO him, but it's gonna be dangerous, and depends on how much damage Mirko took tonight. Baruto is just so huge that even though CroCop should win, you could see something crazy happening.

Still tho, Mirko is on a 5 fight win streak and hasn't lost since 2013, also was doing really well in K1 in that time a few years ago. He is looking better right now than he has in years. He's not timid, he doesn't get KOd, and he is finishing people. I kinda wish they had elbows in this tournament, Mirko seems to have really sharpened that lately

Mentally in the UFC he was not right and injuries kept piling up (ex. fought nelson with torn right bicep). I use to yell at the screen on how timid and gun shy Mirko was and hardly threw any kicks too but I know his knee has issues.

I think all three have a chance, I think Baruto matches up well with CC but no so much against Amir, but also I think CC matched up well against Amir.

I am hoping Cro Cop wins but he has a hard fight in the finals (no matter who he is against). Cro Cop's TDD isn't nearly as good as it used to be but he has better conditioning than Amir. At least he should have an easier time against Baruto than either of the other guys will have against each other.

Mentally in the UFC he was not right and injuries kept piling up (ex. fought nelson with torn right bicep). I use to yell at the screen on how timid and gun shy Mirko was and hardly threw any kicks too but I know his knee has issues.

Me too. It was a very hard few years. I am a huge fan of his.. it seems like he has changed his style of fighting to work around his injuries, he has adapted to the age and having less explosiveness by getting stronger in defensive wrestling, using elbows, and relying more on precision counter striking in clinch situations

Madovsky seems durable and well rounded, he could pull off the upset.

I also think there is a very good chance that we see Nemkov step in for someone, possibly Amir who had a pretty tough fight.

I could see Baruto getting the decision win against Cro Cop and Amir overwhelming Moldavsky in the first and getting the TKO.

Then Amir finishing Baruto.

Who knows though! Would be cool to see Cro Cop vs Moldvasky in the final!

I vote for Madovsky. He is young, hungry and well rounded. On the ground he has good sambo skils and an the feet he has better standup then Amir. I see him also beat Crocop, because of his age and stamina. I think Madovsky win this GP.

if you watched RIZIN at the end you would see that next to each other Moldavsky looks both taller and bigger than Cro Cop and he actually looked taller than Ali so that's that

Moldavski is really light on his feet and could murder Ali if Ali is not careful so I think the Final will be Moldavsky-Cro Cop

Cro Cop is gonna outpoint Baruto and attemp to chop him Down with kicks or he will get caught and engulfed in the lard mountain but that is unlikely..

I went with Moldavsky. I know he is the smallest guy, but he is also the fastest, fittest and the most well rounded. I think he can upset Aliakbari if he survives the first few minutes.

Amir should win that if he fights smartly...
But it would be fun seeing CC win or even the behemoth Baruto shock the world !

LOL Cro Cop would walk through them. Amir is a total bum, almost getting finished by herring and would have gotten brutalized if there was a third round. Actually if herring wasn't retarded and clinched with Amir, he would have easily finished him in the second round. And that was fat herring coming off a 8 year break.

I'm cheering for the dark horse, Moldavsky.

Back