Who wins? Jones vs Cain?

Cain assuming he performs the same after his latest injury.

I doubt very much Cain hits as hard as DC. ALso, the reason DC couldnt put his body into punches was the reach, the same issue cain would have.

I doubt very much Cain hits as hard as DC. ALso, the reason DC couldnt put his body into punches was the reach, the same issue cain would have.

it would be like round 2 the whole fight though

cain ud or cain 3-4-5 rd tko

Am I the only one who thought jones kind of looked like shit last night? In my opinion if he showed up like that against cain or gus, he would be beaten.

Cain is taller, longer, heavier and has much better cardio than Cormier.

Here are some stats from their fights.

Jones vs Cormier: Jones threw 215 strikes and attempted 5 takedowns.

Dos Santos vs Velasquez 2: Cain threw 339 strikes and attempted 33 takedowns.

Velasquez vs Dos Santos 3: Cain threw 378 strikes and attempted 13 takedowns.

Now I know fighting isn't just about work rate, but that says a lot. Jones has issues with intelligent pressure, Cormier showed that. Cain is the best at pressuring intelligently.

It would be a tough fight but I see Cain beating Jones, either by decision or late round stoppage.

I posted this in another thread, just edited some of it. Cain would be constantly mixing it up. Jones was very impressive against Cormier, not because he dominated but because of how he adjusted later in the fight.

But Cain is a beast, he'd be too much for Jones and to be fair he is too much for everyone at the moment.

stfu noob

Noob, I'm pretty certain I been around MMA for longer than you since most adults don't use that word. Cain, doesn't hit very hard compared to others. It's his accumulation that does damage.

Until I see Jones actually fight at HW I'm going to say Cain at this point.

Am I the only one who thought jones kind of looked like shit last night? In my opinion if he showed up like that against cain or gus, he would be beaten.

He made an Olympic wrestler, considered to be both the best wrestler to ever compete full time in MMA and his toughest opponent in the Octagon, look like a boy in the clinch in the championship rounds. How is that looking like shit?

Id say Cain but I think it wouldnt be as one sided as some people think. Cain would have to work harder than DC did to takedown Jones. Cain would likely get a UD though.

tumblr_inline_nhogfe5Ox81rql7h5.gif

Cain, doesn't hit very hard compared to others. It's his accumulation that does damage.
Compared to who? He has put JDS on his ass with a clean punch, which is more than what most can achieve.

I was a bit worried myself. It almost seemed like he partied in Vegas the night before or something. It mustve been a few of the uppercuts he ate. He came back strong in the 4th but I was worried he may have been too emotional in the first few rounds just like I predicted DC would be.

Compared to who? He has put JDS on his ass with a clean punch, which is more than what most can achieve.

JDS is a living Frankenstein with obvious concussion issues from the hits he's taken. Anyone can get knocked down from a punch, getting knocked out is a different story. Jones has no damages in his brain and moves better than anyone Cain has faced.

Cain would put on a clinic. Doubt it would go past the first 2 minutes.

If DC closed the distance Ca

Id say Cain but I think it wouldnt be as one sided as some people think. Cain would have to work harder than DC did to takedown Jones. Cain would likely get a UD though.

tumblr_inline_nhogfe5Ox81rql7h5.gif

I'm not so sure about that brother. Obviously DC is top of the chain in pure wrestling, but Cain is far more versitile, and gets many takedowns from his ability to damage opponents with an incredibly underrated and diverse striking game. Cain is also more explosive than DC.
The sum of all Cain's skills, along with his work rate, make his wrestling more difficult to defend.

Back