Who win? Jose Aldo vs Max Holloway

Jose Aldo vs Max Holloway, who wins?

• Total voters
Not sure how Edgar was shut down he landed one less strike than Aldo...
Because Aldo landed much more punishing blows and stopped all 11 of his takedowns. What the fuck are you talking about?

I like Aldo in this fight by decision.

No because Aldo got beat the fuck up. I will put my MMA knowledge up against yours any day of the week. Multiple smart posters besides myself are also telling you how wrong you are.
There's one other guy who agrees with you.... So the best you can say is that "Aldo got beat the fuck up." Yea, you don't understand what you're watching.

Aldo will beat coner then this guy too.edger was looking great until he ran into Aldo again

There's one other guy who agrees with you.... So the best you can say is that "Aldo got beat the fuck up." Yea, you don't understand what you're watching.
Why do you think Aldo/Mendes II was a better performance?

Aldo is the GOAT. So skilled in all areas of MMA. He would beat Holloway comfortably.

Why do you think Aldo/Mendes II was a better performance?
It was one of his best performances because he vastly out struck one of the best/most dangerous guys he's ever fought. It was by far the most strikes he's landed in the UFC and the biggest striking gap he's had in the UFC

It was one of his best performances because he vastly out struck one of the best/most dangerous guys he's ever fought. It was by far the most strikes he's landed in the UFC and the biggest striking gap he's had in the UFC

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. In my opinion you're completely overvaluing numbers.
And this is not to say that Aldo/Mendes II was a bad performance, it's probably one of Aldo's most exciting fights and one that he clearly won against an incredibly dangerous fighter.
But Aldo/Edgar II was a technical masterpiece against one of the absolute GREATEST lighterweight fighter to ever exist. Ever. And Edgar had absolutely nothing for Aldo from the middle of the second on, whether or not he landed a lot he was never able to generate any sustained effective offense.

It was a technical masterpiece, and the best that Jose Aldo has ever looked against the best fighter he's ever fought.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. In my opinion you're completely overvaluing numbers.
And this is not to say that Aldo/Mendes II was a bad performance, it's probably one of Aldo's most exciting fights and one that he clearly won against an incredibly dangerous fighter.
But Aldo/Edgar II was a technical masterpiece against one of the absolute GREATEST lighterweight fighter to ever exist. Ever. And Edgar had absolutely nothing for Aldo from the middle of the second on, whether or not he landed a lot he was never able to generate any sustained effective offense.

It was a technical masterpiece, and the best that Jose Aldo has ever looked against the best fighter he's ever fought.
So basically you're saying that because Frankie doesn't hit hard, that was the best Aldo has looked. Cool, it's a waste of time talking to Aldo fans.. Delusional.

So basically you're saying that because Frankie doesn't hit hard, that was the best Aldo has looked. Cool, it's a waste of time talking to Aldo fans.. Delusional.
You make me sad, buddy.
Be well.

Would love to see this fight, I suspect Aldo would go for the takedown and get a decision.

Not sure how Edgar was shut down he landed one less strike than Aldo...

I was talking more the general overview of the fight. I don't think # of strikes landed really tells the whole story a lot of times....

I think Holloway can strike with Aldo but how will he deal with the leg kicks. There is no one else at 145 who has an offensive kicking game like Aldo.

Holloway, unless Aldo is able to lay n pray. Holloway has far superior striking and cardio, I have a really tough time seeing Aldo winning that fight. Holloway round 4 TKO.
"Holloway has far superior striki.."

*Checks out*

Holloway is the future of the division most likely. Still young and improving. But at this point, Aldo would just be too much.

Aldo via UD

Holloway doesn't react to hard blows nearly as good as Edgar. Against Conor he looked like a deer in headlights when McGregor was landing on him.

View attachment 124061

Conor 30-27 no doubt but the most significant strike in the fight was this:

PopularValidArizonaalligatorlizard-size_restricted.gif

Back