Who Will Beat Ronda?

Cyborg.
Holm.
I still think McMann can take her in a rematch.

LOL @ Holm WTF has she done? typical MMA fan who probably never even saw Holm fight but just hopes she may be the one to dethrone Honda

LOL @ Holm WTF has she done? typical MMA fan who probably never even saw Holm fight but just hopes she may be the one to dethrone Honda

wat

Holm vs Ronda

Holm wins if she KO's / TKO's Ronda before clinching with her. She will land 4 punches tops and then she'll end up clinching with RR

If she doesn't win in the first 10 seconds or so , she will lose.

She has no ground game

The woman who will go on to beat Ronda Rousey is someone we don`t even know; maybe she is an amateur fighter, or a teenager contemplating a career in MMA. I think we are many years removed from Ronda`s first loss and the usual list of names that get tossed out when this weekly thread pops up will all fall before her might.

Jarl

I dont understand how people can still see her as so invincible after the Tate fight. Mcmann didn't learn from that fight though. Stepping in with right hands letting Rousey tie her up, perhaps Davis has.

I dont understand how people can still see her as so invincible after the Tate fight. Mcmann didn't learn from that fight though. Stepping in with right hands letting Rousey tie her up, perhaps Davis has.

Yeah, she didn't learn from that fight . That's why it seemed like Ronda couldn't take her down in the clinch , and that's why she started kneeing her . That's why McMann landed a few clean shots at Ronda's face before ending up clinching with her.

Cyborg would eat Ronda alive, Dana gotta stop protecting her and let it happen already.

Cyborg has a good chance of beating her I'd say it's a toss up with those 2.
Any other top women's fighter has an outside chance.
Holm would make her look stupid with the standup but Ronda most likely gets an armbar within 2rds.Im sure Holms ground game is nowhere near Rondas but everyone seems to say it's horrible.Ive never seen and know nothing about her skill level on the ground.Is she white belt level?Why are people writing off her ground game just because she has a high level bocing/kickboxing background?

i think she will retire unbeaten. maybe Cain can beat her, but even that's a stretch....

I think Sara McMann has the best shot at beating Ronda: when they fought, Sara was clearly the better striker

The clearly better striker got stopped by strikes in one minute?

Don't know, don't care. Just long as it happens soon so we can be rid of this WMMA in the UFC.

Don't know, don't care. Just long as it happens soon so we can be rid of this WMMA in the UFC.

Don't hold your breath. TUF 20, new belt, new stars. They're all in and already plotting the post-Ronda era.

Ronda is an amazing fighter and I always look forward to when she fights, but I don't think she is unbeatable.

I think Sara McMann has the best shot at beating Ronda: when they fought, Sara was clearly the better striker and stopped Ronda's takedown attempts and she was Ronda's toughest opponent to date. She has an Olympic Silver medal in wrestling, so Ronda can't ragdoll her like she did against Meisha. I think their fight was prematurely stopped because Sara looked perfectly fine and Ronda wasn't throwing any heavy ground and pound, but regardless of that, if they have a rematch, I think Sara will beat Ronda.

Alexis Davis is my second choice: she is nearly as good as Ronda on the ground and I don't think Ronda can submit her by armbar, as Alexis has the skills to defend against it. She meticulously throws leg kicks at her opponents which throws them off their game; if she does this to Ronda, Ronda will find it difficult to take Alexis down. Also, Alexis almost armbarred Kyra Gracie and she has won 7 of her fights by submission, so I wonder if she could submit Ronda. Liz Carmouche almost choked Ronda out; if Alexis had Ronda's back like that, Ronda would have tapped.

Who do you guys think will beat Ronda?

it's inconclusive if mcmann was clearly the better striker. the fight finished in 1 minute and 6 seconds in the first round.

the majority of the striking occurred at the start of the match when rousey closed the gap to set up the clinch on mcmann. in this case, rousey took a few strikes from mcmann, but mcmann wasn't clearly the better striker because the strikes from mcmann didn't stop rousey from advancing forward and applying the clinch.

once rousey applied the clinch on mcmann, they exchanged a few strikes and afterwards, rousey applied the knee strike on mcmann's liver and dropped her to the mat. herb dean stepped in and stopped the fight.

this all occurred in 1 minute and 6 seconds. i didn't see any evidence from mcmann's striking that would conclude she was clearly the better striker than rousey. mcmann's striking didn't accomplish anything of significance as proven by rousey's ability to close the gap, apply the clinch, and execute the knee strike on mcmann's liver.

Last edited:
On paper McMann has the best toolset to take Ronda to a decision (I mean a unanimous loss but a decision nonetheless). Of course when they fought it didn't last a minute so so much for on-paper. Cyborg has no chance whatsoever. Guys who think otherwise are just dreaming

Yeah the fans are so apathetic about Ronda that she draws the same number of ppv buys as Jon Jones.

You're right, now that you mention it fans are pretty apathetic about Jones when it comes to buying ppvs. Good call.

Holly Holm via look down then headkick like GSP vs Hughes 2.

Yeah, she didn't learn from that fight . That's why it seemed like Ronda couldn't take her down in the clinch , and that's why she started kneeing her . That's why McMann landed a few clean shots at Ronda's face before ending up clinching with her.

She ended up clinching because she walked in throwing right hands. Ronda's willing to eat a few punches to the face to get that. As far as Ronda being unable to take her down, you are able to conclude that from one minute of action. Ridiculous.

I honestly believe that Ronda Rousey will retire undefeated.

Back