Who Will Beat Ronda?

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ronda is an amazing fighter and I always look forward to when she fights, but I don't think she is unbeatable.

I think Sara McMann has the best shot at beating Ronda: when they fought, Sara was clearly the better striker and stopped Ronda's takedown attempts and she was Ronda's toughest opponent to date. She has an Olympic Silver medal in wrestling, so Ronda can't ragdoll her like she did against Meisha. I think their fight was prematurely stopped because Sara looked perfectly fine and Ronda wasn't throwing any heavy ground and pound, but regardless of that, if they have a rematch, I think Sara will beat Ronda.

Alexis Davis is my second choice: she is nearly as good as Ronda on the ground and I don't think Ronda can submit her by armbar, as Alexis has the skills to defend against it. She meticulously throws leg kicks at her opponents which throws them off their game; if she does this to Ronda, Ronda will find it difficult to take Alexis down. Also, Alexis almost armbarred Kyra Gracie and she has won 7 of her fights by submission, so I wonder if she could submit Ronda. Liz Carmouche almost choked Ronda out; if Alexis had Ronda's back like that, Ronda would have tapped.

Who do you guys think will beat Ronda?

The only person who I think has a legitimate chance is Cyborg.

Cyborg is the only one right now. It has to be someone with great striking and power.

The only person who I think has a legitimate chance is Cyborg.

I considered Cyborg, but if she dropped down to 135, I think Ronda would be stronger and Cyborg has never fought at that weight before.

Johny Hendrix has a puncher's chance against Ronda - if he puts in 100% effort.

Sick Sakuraba on her, he can forever be known as the "Rousey Hunter"

cyborg is the only one who could get rid of hondadisease

1 cyborg
2 mcmann
3 davis
^^ can beat her. doesnt mean they will
in that order. lizbian was in postion to beat her, i believe if someone fights smart and doesnt fear her they will stand a decent chance

Only cheaters and men could have the tools beat Ronda.

Women don't have enough KO power or anything to stop the Judo + armbar.

The woman who will go on to beat Ronda Rousey is someone we don`t even know; maybe she is an amateur fighter, or a teenager contemplating a career in MMA. I think we are many years removed from Ronda`s first loss and the usual list of names that get tossed out when this weekly thread pops up will all fall before her might.

Jarl

Back