Napoles
Jofre
Sanchez
Monzon
Gavilan
Chavez
Arguello
Rodriguez
Morales (I had a hard time choosing #10.... Marquez, Barrera, Saldivar, Zarate or Olivares could all be placed, here)

Not even close.

Incredibly weak resume for a guy who is always thrown into ATG discussions. I'd argue he's one of the biggest frauds in boxing history.

3opqui.jpg

Duran
Napoles
Jofre
Sanchez
Monzon
Gavilan
Chavez
Arguello
Rodriguez
Morales (I had a hard time choosing #10.... Marquez, Barrera, Saldivar, Zarate or Olivares could all be placed, here)

Olivares > Sanchez > Saldivar > Morales

Olivares > Sanchez > Saldivar > Morales

While that can be argued, I always think of Sanchez as the greatest Mexican fighter despite the short career. Olivares probably should be ahead of Morales, but Morales is one of my favorites.

Not even close.

Incredibly weak resume for a guy who is always thrown into ATG discussions. I'd argue he's one of the biggest frauds in boxing history.

Can you even name a top minimum weight fighter he avoided?

While that can be argued, I always think of Sanchez as the greatest Mexican fighter despite the short career. Olivares probably should be ahead of Morales, but Morales is one of my favorites.

Really? Over Chavez? I don't see it.

I like Morales as a top 5 mexican fighter though. He was very verry great

Not even close.

he belongs in the discussion, we can't help he was in a division where most of the guys weigh about as much as a sixth grader and he can't help how hard it is for people to take the division seriously.

no italians ? you knnow, the actual latinos ..?

nevermind...

i don't think so, i remember lou duva saying something along the lines of Latino's and Italians being the same and getting along well with them but no, I don't think so, not as the way we define the term.

I'd rank Duran and Sanchez above Chavez. Duran needs no explanation. Sanchez won all his big fights..Castillo, Lopez, Gomez, Nelson etc. Chavez got a miracle against Meldrick, was saved by corrupt judges against Pernell, past his best but still lost to Tszyu and Oscar...I'll take Sanchez.

Back