Who trains harder? A good highschool wrestling team or the medal chasers?

The Bomb

White Belt
Reaction score
Who trains harder?

Top 10 wrestling high school team in the country or Lloyd Irvin's medal chasers?

I will go with the wrestling team.

medal chasers. HS wrestlers are get drunk all the time and party on the off season.

Last edited:
This is a dumb question. Medal chasers train full time, highschool wrestlers are just that.

Who trains harder? The New York Yankees or the collegiate national champions in Lacross?

When I read the title of this thread, I thought I had to be missing something.

Nope.

Pretty sure the answer is medal chasers.

There are however some high school wrestlers that take wrestling very seriously and will train/lift/cardio 6+ hours a day easily and keep it up all year around. The thing is, I imagine that the entire team of medal chasers train like this.

Medal chasers train 3 times a day (I only know for sure of Judo), so by that I would say "Medal" Chasers. It is essentially a full time job that they have to train.

Medal Chasers. I don't know what justification anyone has for saying that a top HS wrestling team trains harder..the top high school wrestlers (individuals and teams) wrestle year round (after the season they do Greco and Freestyle) and go to summer camps, but their training drops to maybe 2-3 times a week. Medal Chasers do it hard 12 months out of the year...

You can MAYBE make a comparison to the high school team while they are in season..but even then I think you aren't even in the same ballpark..a 16-18 year old boy cannot physically handle the amount of punishment that you can handle when you hit your 20s. I wrestled for a decently competitive D-3 college team (we had All-Americans, but weren't crazy good from top to bottom), and even what we went through..I know I could have NEVER handled anything like that when I was in high school, even my junior and senior years..

did you not see JT almost start crying on his 3rd versaclimber set?

Medal Chasers. I don't know what justification anyone has for saying that a top HS wrestling team trains harder..the top high school wrestlers (individuals and teams) wrestle year round (after the season they do Greco and Freestyle) and go to summer camps, but their training drops to maybe 2-3 times a week. Medal Chasers do it hard 12 months out of the year...

You can MAYBE make a comparison to the high school team while they are in season..but even then I think you aren't even in the same ballpark..a 16-18 year old boy cannot physically handle the amount of punishment that you can handle when you hit your 20s. I wrestled for a decently competitive D-3 college team (we had All-Americans, but weren't crazy good from top to bottom), and even what we went through..I know I could have NEVER handled anything like that when I was in high school, even my junior and senior years..

This. HS wrestlers are younger so their bodies cannot handle as much. And wrestling has seasons, BJJ does not, so the medal chasers are training with the same intensity year round, HS wrestlers are not. An argument could be made for college wrestlers and wrestlers on the international stage. I watched a documentary about the Minnesota wrestling team and summer was more intense than the actual season since they could focus more time into training because there was no competition. My old HS had summer practice everyday, but I don't think it was as intense as training during the season (I don't really know because I didn't attend it because I was in the process of moving)

Llyod's Jiujitsu is all power. If you train full time you will be better than most people, what a scientist. Who new ?

They train multiple times a day, every day, and train full time as a profession. Wrestling is the hardest sport you can do in school, but it's different than training something professionally, and that's what Lloyd has his guys doing. Any sport trained at the highest level is incredibly demanding.

They train multiple times a day, every day, and train full time as a profession. Wrestling is the hardest sport you can do in school, but it's different than training something professionally, and that's what Lloyd has his guys doing. Any sport trained at the highest level is incredibly demanding.
/thread

this is a stupid thread, and i'm calling trolljob.

I'm not familiar with these "medal chasers" How do they support themselves competing full time?

I'm not familiar with these "medal chasers" How do they support themselves competing full time?

Lloyd gets them sponsorships, they work in the academy, and they all live in a big house together. Lloyd supports that all to a large degree. Beyond that I'm not sure.

medal chasers.

Though I wont knock a high school or should I say under 20 wrestler who is trying to chase a major title or a scholarship. I worked in recruitment for colleges for various sports and I saw some extremely dedicated high school athletes. One wrestler in mind had never touch alcohol in his life and said went to bed by 10pm every day. He made his country's national team and just missed a spot on the olympics.

Though the majority just do it has a sport but not as a lifestyle or as a means to a make a living so a medal chaser would rather train harder.

Back