Who trains harder? A good highschool wrestling team or the medal chasers?

Wrestling/Judo Olympians totally destroy 'medal chasers' in any sport.

The elite level of Wrestling/Judo is the Olympics, to compare anything else to elite BJJ is not fair.

The elite level of Wrestling/Judo is the Olympics, to compare anything else to elite BJJ is not fair.

You are basically saying no becasue it is not an Olympic sport which is more unfair.

Are 'medal chaser's training 30/40 hours a week? The answer would depend on that.

Pretty sure the answer is medal chasers.

There are however some high school wrestlers that take wrestling very seriously and will train/lift/cardio 6+ hours a day easily and keep it up all year around. The thing is, I imagine that the entire team of medal chasers train like this.

My HS was like that. Heck our warm up, was a 4 mile run. We had thanksgiving and Christmas, New Years days off, and every Sunday off.

Yes, only during the season, as with having school and maybe a PT job, you can7t keep up that kinda pace.

Lloyd gets them sponsorships, they work in the academy, and they all live in a big house together. Lloyd supports that all to a large degree. Beyond that I'm not sure.

lol its like a BJJ fraternity

I predict the Medal Chasers will have low testosterone levels by the time they're 30. Lol.

Jeez, go so hard for a sport with so little glory. Oh well, they're happy and it's their own world.

medal chasers are training on new years and new years eve. are HS wrestlers doing that?

Are 'medal chaser's training 30/40 hours a week? The answer would depend on that.

Probably more, since they can take steroids and Olympians can't (of at least, not as openly or as often). Not that I think LI's guys do necessarily, they actually have fewer juice rumors floating around them than almost any other team, but I think a lot of 'roid enabled top level guys probably do train at least that much.

You wouldn't want to train HS athletes like you train the medal chasers even if you could. As already noted, they haven't had the time training to build up volume tolerance.

Further...they're fucking kids. There just IS more important stuff going on than how good they are at producing championships, especially when junior athletic success means fuck all for predicting your success as an adult. Lots of people win junior championships because they had access to real training before others did or because they hit puberty first. When it gets to the collegiate level, the more well-rounded athletes tend to smash them. Meanwhile, your basic critical thinking and academic skills are more important to your life than how efficiently you can grind people into the ground.

Youth athletics have seasons for a reason. Variety is good for development, and constantly pushing one sport puts all the stressors in one direction.

Comparing any professionals to a HS is ludicrous. Comparing them to a team like Iowa is a much different story. Try wrestling in a program like that, while also taking classes full-time.

TS is still in high school looking for validation.

Back