Who thinks southerners are wimps when the temp is less than 60 F?

I used travel a bit for work and have worked as low as -35C with wind chill (I was stationed outside). Don’t get me wrong, it was cold as fuck and my phone died due to the temp. I must admit, I didn’t try pissing outside, as the thought of a dick icicle was always in the back of my mind. But the thing is, I can always put on more layers. Can only go so far in heat when you’re drenched in sweat but are in an office environment.

I know what you mean about heat being uncomfortable

But taking a shit at -40 c was one of most interesting experiences of my life

It was like being enlightened by god

I know what you mean about heat being uncomfortable

But taking a shit at -40 c was one of most interesting experiences of my life

It was like being enlightened by god

I think it was god telling you to not take a shit outside at -40.

many people don't acclimate to the temperature naturally and haven't been in extreme temperature situations, which is obviously really healthy as saunas and cold immersion therapies etc are popular for a reason

I am a huge proponent of temperature acclimation it's such a superior way of life

I never find southerners “wimpy”. They tend to be tougher in an outdoorsy ways. Wimpy would be snowflake pacific northwesterners. Even though the weather is harsh, they drink lots of Starbucks and put oil in their beards.

The weather isn't harsh there at all, just relentlessly soggy and chilly which is a bitch in its own special way.

I used travel a bit for work and have worked as low as -35C with wind chill (I was stationed outside). Don’t get me wrong, it was cold as fuck and my phone died due to the temp. I must admit, I didn’t try pissing outside, as the thought of a dick icicle was always in the back of my mind. But the thing is, I can always put on more layers. Can only go so far in heat when you’re drenched in sweat but are in an office environment.
I worked in -20 back in Pennsylvania and that shit was awful, I had on probably 9 or 10 layers and it felt like it cut right through. I worked a dry 120 outside and that wasn't so bad, you feel like you're cooking a bit but it's tolerable. Working the high 90's in Pennsylvania fucked me up with the high humidity, way worse than the dry 120, it had completely drained me and felt suffocating after awhile.

people who live in colder climates are more adapted to colder climates?!?! thats wild bro imma need to see the data

What I was saying is that after the summer ends, the northerners think 50 F is cold just like southerners do when it gets cool.

Yes it makes me laugh.

I just left Edmonton and @TheWorm behind as Edmonton gets declared amongst the Coldest place in the world.

I am sitting on a patio in Scottsdale Arizona right now and its 62F and feels glorious. But I am laughing at all the locals huddled around the fire pits with sweaters and jackets on. Someone just commented to me about me sitting here in a Tshirt and purposely away from the fire.

Bunch of Southern wimps.

But you are correct. It is all about being climatized to your environment. When I used to have my convertible and after a long hot summer heading into fall it would feel to cool to have the roof down at anything around 70 or below. But come the spring, after a long cold winter, the temp's hit 50F and sunny and that roof was down and it felt warm.

truth,if you are prepared,you can get warmer. If its hot,kinda fucked hahaa

It's been 32 degrees every morning in Georgia and I've yet to wear a jacket. Bitch.

But for the most part you're right. There are people I work with that wear jackets inside year around. Some wear jackets outside when it drops below 75. Especially certain people.

Yes it makes me laugh.

I just left Edmonton and @TheWorm behind as Edmonton gets declared amongst the Coldest place in the world.

I am sitting on a patio in Scottsdale Arizona right now and its 62F and feels glorious. But I am laughing at all the locals huddled around the fire pits with sweaters and jackets on. Someone just commented to me about me sitting here in a Tshirt and purposely away from the fire.

Bunch of Southern wimps.

But you are correct. It is all about being climatized to your environment. When I used to have my convertible and after a long hot summer heading into fall it would feel to cool to have the roof down at anything around 70 or below. But come the spring, after a long cold winter, the temp's hit 50F and sunny and that roof was down and it felt warm.

Enjoy. It’s cold as fuck today. I had to take my kids to a birthday party in Sherwood Park this evening and it’s freezing.

Back