Who should ortega fight next?

He needs to take a year off after that savage beating. Work on his striking and takedowns mainly.

Ya maybe lay off giving him a power puncher right away. I like the matchup.
Yeah, the idea of getting immediately back in the running too soon seems too risky after a loss like that. He needs to make some pretty big strides evolutionarily to his game and Ricardo Llamas seems like a good challenge to see how far he has come since his last fight.

I like a LOT of match-ups for him....Yair, Zabit, Volk. I even wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of him and Edgar, though I'm certain I'm a minority on that one.

Why would a guy who just fought for the title need a "tune up fight"?
Did you see the fight?

A part of him broke mentally and a part of him refused to accept it.

That means EVERYTHING is riding on this next right for him psychologically.

You don't fuck with that lightly because that means the next fight will make you or break you.

Did you see the fight?

A part of him broke mentally and a part of him refused to accept it.

That means EVERYTHING is riding on this next right for him psychologically.

You don't fuck with that lightly because that means the next fight will make you or break you.

So? Now the UFC needs to give him an easy fight and let him win? Because why? Poor Ortega? Haha C'Mon!! Even Ronda Rousey came back to fight Amanda Fucking Nunes. If you can't take a loss, then you shouldn't be in the fight business.

So? Now the UFC needs to give him an easy fight and let him win? Because why? Poor Ortega? Haha C'Mon!! Even Ronda Rousey came back to fight Amanda Fucking Nunes. If you can't take a loss, then you shouldn't be in the fight business.
{<huh}

Ortega murders whoever's next. I guarantee it

take long break and regroup, still young fighter

1) Volkanovski
2) Stephens/Zabit winner
3) Aldo if he beats Moicano
4) Bektic
5) Lamas or Yair Rodriguez

Yeah after the damage he took i think a tune up fight would be a good idea. He should have an opponent whom can test his striking as that was he previous weakness but in a safer way. Lamas would suit that best

Loser of Zabit vs Stephens

Or the winner. I mean, I'd still rank Ortega above those 2 guys. Why give him the loser? I think Zabit wins against Stephens, and Ortega would be a great test for Zabit.

I'd watch that, but I think it would end badly for Ortega.
He can't shoot for a td so there goes his wrestling plan and knocking out Chad(super impressive don't get me wrong) doesn't mean he'll outstrike Ortega who knocked out a more elusive better fighter in Frankie Edgar.

He can't shoot for a td so there goes his wrestling plan and knocking out Chad(super impressive don't get me wrong) doesn't mean he'll outstrike Ortega who knocked out a more elusive better fighter in Frankie Edgar.

I'm a huge Edgar fan, but we don't know if the 2018 short notice version of Edgar is better than Volkanvski. I actually think they might fight next. Also, MMA math doesn't work.

We do know that volkanovski hits like a truck: he dropped Elkins twice when guys like MJ and stephens couldn't drop him once and he finished Mendes. We also know that statistically ortega is one of the easiest guys to hit in the division.

He needs to train some wrestling first. Ortega with good takedowns is unstopable.

Alot of FW matchups here, I'm surprised more arnt talking about him going to LW. I can see him matched with anyone in he top 15 there. Even Nate might be interested in the fight.

I want him to just train his MMA. He doesn't have a wrestling coach or a real MMA coach. The garage boxing coach is fine for him but there is nobody there to implement a MMA game. It just seems like just go with everything and try to win instead of having a gameplan. Correct me if I am wrong but he used an Akido MMA guy for most of his sparring for Max.

Back