Who Should Hector Lombard Fight Next?

The guy is just a typical Sherdogger. 0 ability to be impartial. It's ok, though. I know anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

You have no credibility when you can't even tell the truth about how a fight went.

I really don't care about your measure of my credibility. You're a typical RoryRider who makes excuses for his losses and overhypes his wins. Rory hasn't earned the right to leap over Johny and fight for the title. He didn't just lose to Lawler two rounds to one, he got beat up in two rounds and won just enough of round 3 for you blind fools to bitch and moan.

Rory, since Rory isn't getting what's due to him.

I would absolutely love to see Rory/Lombard. I think Rory takes it. I don't know who the else they'd put against Rory at this point anyway.

I really don't care about your measure of my credibility. You're a typical RoryRider who makes excuses for his losses and overhypes his wins. Rory hasn't earned the right to leap over Johny and fight for the title. He didn't just lose to Lawler two rounds to one, he got beat up in two rounds and won just enough of round 3 for you blind fools to bitch and moan.

Really? What right has Johny and Lawler earned to keep that circus going? Their performances weren't anything special. Whichever loses should in their situation get AT LEAST one win before getting another shot at the title. What's going on at the moment in WW division is pathetic.

Tired of rematches. Lawler had beaten Hendricks, Rory, and Brown. It should be: Lawler vs Lombard, Hendricks vs Rory, and Brown vs Condit.

...forgot about Woodley. Maybe Brown vs Woodley since Condit is out I think?

i just want him to fight someone who actually wants to fight next time.

Then Matt Browns the right man for the job.
It works perfectly for where they both are in their development/careers, as well as the rankings. Brown needing a dance partner, and Hector needing an impressive win (or Brown) that supports a claim on a #1 contender elimination match. Perfect amount of time, and way, to let the top end of the division sort itself out.

Last edited:
should be johnny but will be rory. rory is going to pick him apart a la woodley

As much as I would love to see Condit fight Hector, he is 1W&3L in his last four, and is coming back from an injury. I would rather see his first fight back against Demian Maia or even Dong Hyun Kim.

I'll be surprised if they don't do the Brown fight. It's a main event they lost an opponent for and now need someone viable on short notice. There are only a couple other somebodies who are viable, and Lombard is the most viable. I think they would have sat on him if he wasn't needed, but now he kind of is. And if Lombard beats Brown, I think that would could still be explained away by UFC given Brown's record and the fact he doesn't have an elite win, or really that close to one even. He had a long win streak against a few solid guys and then he gave Lawler a tough time.

I'll be surprised if they don't do the Brown fight. It's a main event they lost an opponent for and now need someone viable on short notice. There are only a couple other somebodies who are viable, and Lombard is the most viable.

This... and the timeline is near perfect to let the division shape up in between Lawler vs Hendricks 3.

I know this thread is about "who you want to see Hector Fight" but for those that missed it....................

Announced January 1st

UFC President Dana White today confirmed that ex-champ Johny Hendricks (16-3 MMA, 11-3 UFC), not Rory MacDonald (18-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC), will get the first shot at Lawler (25-10 MMA, 10-4 UFC).

“Robbie and Rory just fought,” White said. “We just feel like the trilogy makes sense – to do the third fight with these two.”

An event and date haven’t been finalized for the rubber match. MacDonald, meanwhile, will hope to keep his title hopes alive when he fights another, currently undetermined, opponent, White said.

Lombard doesn't deserve anyone higher than Matt Brown with the way he's been fighting.

Well if both Rory's and Hector's managers are pushing for it this fight then it just might happen, if that is what the UFC brass wants too.
I think its a bit of a waste seeing how the division is currently sitting.
Besides, Hector would consistently walk forward with that patented stiff linear stance and get greeted by a stinging jab all night long. imo

Brown on the other hand, would make for a intense filthy fight while it lasted.
The "just bleed gods" would approve.:icon_twis

Back