Who should fight Lawler for the WW title next?

Who deserves the next title shot?

• Total voters
Woodley has come off quite badly in this whole thing. It wasn't his fault that Hendricks got sick and couldn't fight, but how he went around acting like he was owed a TS was pretty embarrassing.

Wonderboy got the job done, and he is the no.1 in my mind, no doubt.
Yeah, he's no doubt the #1 contender. I hope Wonderboy gets the title shot. They need to convince Woodley to stop ducking Lombard because that would be a good fight to make after Lombard deads Magny.

I would like wonder boy vs Rory or Condit to get another crack at Lawler

Yeah, he's no doubt the #1 contender. I hope Wonderboy gets the title shot. They need to convince Woodley to stop ducking Lombard because that would be a good fight to make after Lombard deads Magny.
That debacle looked really shady. Woodley didn't want to fight Lombard because they were friends. Lombard said otherwise, and that they should stand and mang.

Then, after Lombard pops hot, it was all about the PEDs? I think it was awfully convenient.

Yeah now that I checked it,it wasn't part of the streak regardless

But I still believe Woodley legit knocked out Condit.... You try to punish your opponent till something goes wrong with him&gets hurt. Thats the fight game.

Watch the fight again,an injury was due.... Woodley was punishing the shit out of him
The injury came off a takedown, and was aggravated by the leg kicks. The official ruling should be TKO via Injury.

Obviously, Woodley was winning, but he wasn't obliterating Condit. It was getting more competitive in the 2nd until Carlos' ACL said no mas.

Condit should get a rematch because frankly he won that fight and there should be NO SUCH THING as a 'split decision champion.'

Wonderboy is next. He's the #1 contender and he can wait for his shot or take a holding fight.

Woodly x Maia.

Out of the fighters listed, twood is my least favourite, but I feel like he deserves it the most, then Maia, then wonderbread.

Hendricks looked good as far as his weight cut and came in confident, that was a good version of Johnny. Wonderboy stopped his take down and demonstrated the difference between an elite striker and a wrestler with good power in his hands. After last night I cant see why Wonderboy shouldn't get a crack at the belt.

Based on the UFC trend with title shots, Thompson is well spoken, the ladies would like him and he can fight, he is marketable. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the shot.

I like the trend I am seeing, more fighters with real striking backgrounds and takedown defence showing up and taking it.

A submission is cool and all, grinding and humping, not so much. Watching good foot work, head movement and counter striking, ending with somones brain bouncing off their skull at the end is my favorite type of fight.

There's no point in delaying the inevitable. Let Wonderboy take the belt from Lawler.

Just starting to watch MMA again, so be easy if my answer is off lol. Shouldn't he fight Thompson next? According to UFC's info graphic, it looks like #1 was McDonald and #2 was Hendricks. McDonald was already stopped by Lawler so next up on the list would have been Hendricks, right? We saw what Thompson did last night, so doesn't it make sense that he gets the next shot? or did Condit retract his retirement statement which will lead to a rematch.

As big a Carlos Condit fan as anyone and would love to see Robbie rematch Carlos (and while I love Lawler, too, I did think Condit won their match by the slimmest of margins), but I STILL think it's Woodley's turn at the belt.

Why Woodley over Wonderboy and Condit? Who has Woodley beat in his current streak? Zombie Gastelum and Dong are solid wins, but they're not TS-worthy.

A lot of people thought gastelum won that fight too. I never understood why Woodley was largely regarded as the inevitable next contender. Hell, After Maia beats Brown, even he will have a better claim to the title than Woodley.

A lot of people thought gastelum won that fight too. I never understood why Woodley was largely regarded as the inevitable next contender. Hell, After Maia beats Brown, even he will have a better claim to the title than Woodley.
I thought Gastelum beat Woodley, too.

With a win over Brown, Maia should definitely be in title talks, while Woodley can sit on the sidelines, chirping about how he's owed a TS.

Yeah now that I checked it,it wasn't part of the streak regardless

But I still believe Woodley legit knocked out Condit.... You try to punish your opponent till something goes wrong with him&gets hurt. Thats the fight game.

Watch the fight again,an injury was due.... Woodley was punishing the shit out of him

I don't remember Woodley knocking Condit out of consciousness, because that's what knocked out means, didn't you know?

I wish the technique on my double legs were as clean as Woodley's, then I could tear tendons up from one takedown like him.

Thompson next, Maia vs the winner of Thompson/Lawler and Condit/Woodley rematch for a shot at the title after Maia's one.

Wonderboy, just please anyone but Woodley.

Fixed.

There is a difference between an unexpected freak injury and kicking the living shit outta your opponent till something goes wrong with their leg.

Too bad that's not what happened. A takedown injured Condit.

I don't remember Woodley knocking Condit out of consciousness, because that's what knocked out means, didn't you know?

I wish the technique on my double legs were as clean as Woodley's, then I could tear tendons up from one takedown like him.

TKO is a knockout,are TKOd fighters go out of consciousness?

Back