Who should fight Lawler for the WW title next?

Who deserves the next title shot?

• Total voters
Woodley. Give him his shot, give Wonderboy another fight to get over even more with the casual fans - maybe Lombard?

First person to finish Hendricks tho. Thompson has this easily.

Thompson is that make the most sense right now.
Condit do deserve a rematch. Because of the controversial decision, but immediate rematches are bad for stacked divisions.
Maia deserve it after he beats Brown.
Woodley is far away from a title match right now IMO. He's not close as deserving as the other 3.

I'm looking forward to Hector getting back into the mix before it's to late.

I'd be fine with Wonderboy or Condit.

Whichever doesn't get it faces Rory. Woodley faces the Maia/Brown winner.

maia is so boring to watch its unreal i voted wonderboy i think lawlers been in so many wars that one decent kick to the head and he will be left out cold like ellenburger

Thompson. Longest winstreak, most impressive single win, plus I think it would be a fun match.

TKO is a knockout,are TKOd fighters go out of consciousness?

Have you not watched the fight? Or are you using fight finder to troll Condit's loss?
Woodley definetly won the first round- and I honestly think Carlos' chin kept him in the fight- pretty incredible.
Second round it became more competitive and the takedown tore something (ACL?) in his knee- he tried to keep fighting but could not continue effectively.

He never lost consciousness or was even rocked in the second round. TKO can cover lots of different fight stoppage reasons- cuts, injuries from the opponent or freak injuries, being rocked and not defending properly, bad ref call, etc.

That said- I think WonderBoy deserves the shot. Exciting, just obliterated the former champ who arguably did not lose the belt to the current champ.

Woodley hasn't fought in a year? And personally I haven't been impressed with his wins- and he looked like he Forgot how to fight when losing to Rory. Also- his best win is?!

I like Condit and no matter who you think won the fight with Lawler it was a good scrap and certainly close. But the UFC has completely ruined rematches by giving undeserving, unenticing ones over and over the past few years so it's hard to feel compelled to want another.

Yeah now that I checked it,it wasn't part of the streak regardless

But I still believe Woodley legit knocked out Condit.... You try to punish your opponent till something goes wrong with him&gets hurt. Thats the fight game.

Watch the fight again,an injury was due.... Woodley was punishing the shit out of him
Yeah but the injury came off a takedown. I agree Woodley was clearly winning the fight, but Condit was still there until the injury.

Have you not watched the fight? Or are you using fight finder to troll Condit's loss?
Woodley definetly won the first round- and I honestly think Carlos' chin kept him in the fight- pretty incredible.
Second round it became more competitive and the takedown tore something (ACL?) in his knee- he tried to keep fighting but could not continue effectively.

He never lost consciousness or was even rocked in the second round. TKO can cover lots of different fight stoppage reasons- cuts, injuries from the opponent or freak injuries, being rocked and not defending properly, bad ref call, etc.

That said- I think WonderBoy deserves the shot. Exciting, just obliterated the former champ who arguably did not lose the belt to the current champ.

Woodley hasn't fought in a year? And personally I haven't been impressed with his wins- and he looked like he Forgot how to fight when losing to Rory. Also- his best win is?!

I like Condit and no matter who you think won the fight with Lawler it was a good scrap and certainly close. But the UFC has completely ruined rematches by giving undeserving, unenticing ones over and over the past few years so it's hard to feel compelled to want another.

I watched the damn fight, the dude said;

'I don't remember Woodley knocking Condit out of consciousness, because that's what knocked out means'

So I replied to that. Thats not what knocked out means in MMA

If condit doesn't get the rematch, it will be tough for him because he will have to take a top 5 fight. The reason Woodley is there is because he had a #1 contender fight lost to him through no fault of his own. He decided to wait for the title shot.
Thompson just knocked out the #2 ranked ww and the former champ. That's the biggest win of anyone on the contender's list.
I think Maia could get it based on his current win streak.
It should be up to Lawler at this point who he chooses to fight. He has earned the right to pick which of these top #5 he wants to fight. Of course if Gsp comes back, then that's the $ fight. Lawler vs Gsp would do huge numbers and it's a fight between a champion who has not lost his belt.

Condit should get a rematch because frankly he won that fight and there should be NO SUCH THING as a 'split decision champion.'

Wonderboy is next. He's the #1 contender and he can wait for his shot or take a holding fight.

Woodly x Maia.
Yeh but they have Maia scheduled to fight all the way in May and Woodley won't take other fights since Dana promised him a shot

I like this idea!

This and only this.

Except Maia is already fighting Brown

Last edited:
A few threads on it but not seen a poll yet.

Thompson - 6 fight win streak, KO wins over Hendricks & Ellenberger
Maia - 4 fight win streak, wins over Nelson & Magny
Condit - Narrow / Contraversial loss to Lawler
Woodley - Wins over Gastelum & Hyun-Kim

1.Condit rematch - unfinished business due to controversy + 1st fight was amazing
2.Thompson - KO'ing Johny Hendricks is massive

3.Maia - Nelson win was sublime, great run

4.Woodley - 2-0 run, inactive for past year or so, most recent win was tepid decision over fat Gastelum who is barely in top 15 anymore since losing to short-notice Magny

Why Woodley over Wonderboy and Condit? Who has Woodley beat in his current streak? Zombie Gastelum and Dong are solid wins, but they're not TS-worthy.

He was beating Condit before the injury.
Is not his fault that Big Rigg didn't make weight when he were scheduled to fight each other
And I think he was the number one contender before last night, he should be already booked for the title fight
Wonderboy had a great performance yesterday but I believe his spot in the division (#8) doesn't help to give him the TS right now

Wonderboy earned his shot but I really want to see a Lawler Diaz rematch.

Yeh but they have Maia scheduled to fight all the way in May and Woodley won't take other fights since Dana promised him a shot

The weather changes fast outside.

I would give Brown a different fight and book Maia vs Woodly. Tyron is going to end up fighting no matter what because he's not near the front of the line at this point.

How is this even a discussion? After the way wonderboy dismantled Fat Rigg last night, hands down he should be next. He took no damage either, so they could schedule that fight right away.

Back