Who should fight Lawler for the WW title next?

Who deserves the next title shot?

• Total voters

mattandbenny

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A few threads on it but not seen a poll yet.

Thompson - 6 fight win streak, KO wins over Hendricks & Ellenberger
Maia - 4 fight win streak, wins over Nelson & Magny
Condit - Narrow / Contraversial loss to Lawler
Woodley - Wins over Gastelum & Hyun-Kim

Condit deserves the rematch because of the robbery. Thompson can fight Woodley for a really exciting fight meanwhile. Maia can destroy another can. Then next you have Thompson vs the Champ and Maia vs Woodley for the next contender.

Condit deserves it more considering he should be the rightful champ....but man, these rematches lately...

condit arguably won his fight with lawler..

Woodley - Wins over Gastelum & Hyun-Kim & Condit

Fixed.

There is a difference between an unexpected freak injury and kicking the living shit outta your opponent till something goes wrong with their leg.

I think its more than fair to say Woodley knocked out Condit. Its not like it was the first strike or a weak kick or anything

Thompson/Lawler
Woodley/Maia for #1 contender
Condit/Brown (if he doesn't retire)
MacDonald/Hendricks

Yah Woodley only on a 2 fight win streak he got schooled by Rory

Fixed.

There is a difference between an unexpected freak injury and kicking the living shit outta your opponent till something goes wrong with their leg.

I think its more than fair to say Woodley knocked out Condit. Its not like it was the first strike or a weak kick or anything
Woodley didn't knock out Condit, that just isn't how it went down.

The poster is talking about streaks, and the Condit win does not come under Woodley's current streak, as he got tooled by Rory after that fight.

A few threads on it but not seen a poll yet.

Thompson - 6 fight win streak, KO wins over Hendricks & Ellenberger
Maia - 4 fight win streak, wins over Nelson & Magny
Condit - Narrow / Contraversial loss to Lawler
Woodley - Wins over Gastelum & Hyun-Kim
Conor Mcgregor

Woodley didn't knock out Condit, that just isn't how it went down.

The poster is talking about streaks, and the Condit win does not come under Woodley's current streak, as he got tooled by Rory after that fight.

Yeah now that I checked it,it wasn't part of the streak regardless

But I still believe Woodley legit knocked out Condit.... You try to punish your opponent till something goes wrong with him&gets hurt. Thats the fight game.

Watch the fight again,an injury was due.... Woodley was punishing the shit out of him

without a doubt stephen thompson assuming he's healthy.

Conor McGregor, then Nick Diaz, then Condit rematch, then GSP. Fuck the contenders!

Wonderboy stole the title shot after that performance. How do you not put him over Woodley after knocking out Hendricks in the first? It doesn't help Woodley's case that he hasn't fought in over a year.

After last night WONDERBOY hands down. I felt like I watched vintage non-clowining Silva. That shit was exciting!

Glad to hear it
Even tho, Lawler vs Woodley IMO
Why Woodley over Wonderboy and Condit? Who has Woodley beat in his current streak? Zombie Gastelum and Dong are solid wins, but they're not TS-worthy.

Wonderboy stole the title shot after that performance. How do you not put him over Woodley after knocking out Hendricks in the first? It doesn't help Woodley's case that he hasn't fought in over a year.
Woodley has come off quite badly in this whole thing. It wasn't his fault that Hendricks got sick and couldn't fight, but how he went around acting like he was owed a TS was pretty embarrassing.

Wonderboy got the job done, and he is the no.1 in my mind, no doubt.

Back