Who should Edgar fight first at 135?

Cyborg.

Immediate title shot, that way if he does poorly we can see better fights as he goes down the ladder, rather than him starting low and getting stuck going up, leaving us with no Cruz/Edgar.

Edgar won ... by control.

Not by damage.

Both guys could hit the club and hit on girls right after a shower. Neither guy took any real damage or even minor damage. It was a sparing contest. You could not tell either of them was in a fight that night.

Not joking. It was one of the biggest disappointment "fights" in recent memory.

I think these are two very distinct issues:

1) Is a fight won by control, not by damage, entertaining?

2) Was Edgar's control so marginal that Faber deserves a rematch?

I was asking (2), while your comments speak to (1). Although they are distinct, the answer to (1) will have some bearing on (2) since there won't be popular demand for a fight that isn't entertaining. In other words, if their first fight was so boring, why would you want to see the rematch 007 was suggesting?

I think these are two very distinct issues:

1) Is a fight won by control, not by damage, entertaining?

2) Was Edgar's control so marginal that Faber deserves a rematch?

I was asking (2), while your comments speak to (1). Although they are distinct, the answer to (1) will have some bearing on (2) since there won't be popular demand for a fight that isn't entertaining. In other words, if their first fight was so boring, why would you want to see the rematch 007 was suggesting?
From my memory Edgar pretty much won every round, regardless the fight doesn't make sense Imo, because Faber should be climbing the ladder again instead of fighting no.3 from FW

He's already come out and said that he wants to fight again at 145 and see where it takes him.

This seems a better idea to me. I was wondering where TS saw that Edgar planned to drop to 135.

Is he moving down to 135? Doesnt seem too crazy, if he does he needs a tune up fight before taking on Cruz imo, he already got a free title shot dropping to 145.

This is the only fight that makes sense for either of them.
The only problem with that fight is Frankie just fought for a title (albeit and interim ) and the amount of complaining for Edgar getting a title shot of a loss and cutting in line to get an instant title shot in a division he has never fought before would be huge .

hell anybody who is not yet booked, all great matchups imo

The only problem with that fight is Frankie just fought for a title (albeit and interim ) and the amount of complaining for Edgar getting a title shot of a loss and cutting in line to get an instant title shot in a division he has never fought before would be huge .
Except he did that literal thing when he cut to FW originally following his 2 losses to Bendo.

Honestly, Frankie has proven himself an elite fighter at any weight class he can make. He arguably beat Bendo both times and Bendo became a WW later. Frankie is gonna be a BW. That's a huge difference. And at BW, who is really in line? Assuncao? Dillashaw only one fight removed from losing the title? Garbrandt? BW has some fantastic fighters, but the depth is lacking. I'd be fine with Frankie cutting in line. If Cruz wants that fight, I say give it to him.

Man if edgar really drops to 135 hes going to be destroy there. He will make both cruz and tj look easy.

Except he did that literal thing when he cut to FW originally following his 2 losses to Bendo.

Honestly, Frankie has proven himself an elite fighter at any weight class he can make. He arguably beat Bendo both times and Bendo became a WW later. Frankie is gonna be a BW. That's a huge difference. And at BW, who is really in line? Assuncao? Dillashaw only one fight removed from losing the title? Garbrandt? BW has some fantastic fighters, but the depth is lacking. I'd be fine with Frankie cutting in line. If Cruz wants that fight, I say give it to him.
I know thats what happened when he moved down to FW and there was a lot of complaining from poster on Sherdog .
Guys like Cody and Carraway both could be considered for a title shot as with Assuncao if he beats Dillashaw and i think these guys could be hard done by by Frankie instantly stepping in for a title shot

I know thats what happened when he moved down to FW and there was a lot of complaining from poster on Sherdog .
Guys like Cody and Carraway both could be considered for a title shot as with Assuncao if he beats Dillashaw and i think these guys could be hard done by by Frankie instantly stepping in for a title shot
The only ones I think should really get the shot are Assuncao if he beats Dillashaw or Garbrandt. Even Garbrandt hasn't earned his shot (though he has looked incredibly good). BW is pretty thin, and from the UFC's perspective, you can't make a bigger money fight at BW than Cruz vs Edgar or possibly Cruz vs Mighty Mouse. It's not a popular division outside a few fighters unfortunately, and the UFC, being a business, is gonna make the money fight over the "deserved title shot" - same as they usually do.

TJ or just give him a title shot straight away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back