Who should Edgar fight first at 135?

Edgar is the master of getting title fights off of losses...

rwswlt.jpg

The only ones I think should really get the shot are Assuncao if he beats Dillashaw or Garbrandt. Even Garbrandt hasn't earned his shot (though he has looked incredibly good). BW is pretty thin, and from the UFC's perspective, you can't make a bigger money fight at BW than Cruz vs Edgar or possibly Cruz vs Mighty Mouse. It's not a popular division outside a few fighters unfortunately, and the UFC, being a business, is gonna make the money fight over the "deserved title shot" - same as they usually do.
It's not that i haven't gotten what your saying , I just think personally i would like to see him win a fight at BW when there are other guys who have IMO earned a shot at the BW belt . I know that outside a possible MM v Cruz fight it would be the bigger seller and that's what the UFC is all about at the point in time .

i love frankie but it's pretty clear that he isn't going to be winning any more belts unless he drastically switches some things up

he needs to talk to fallon fox's doctor and fight amanda nunes after

It's not that i haven't gotten what your saying , I just think personally i would like to see him win a fight at BW when there are other guys who have IMO earned a shot at the BW belt . I know that outside a possible MM v Cruz fight it would be the bigger seller and that's what the UFC is all about at the point in time .
Yep. I agree 100% with this. I'd rather see Edgar in a Fight Night headliner vs Garbrandt or Dillashaw, but odds are we won't see that.

Barely? Okay, it seems we remember that fight differently. Could other people chime in? Was Edgar-Faber a close fight?

They did alot of dancing and staring at each other doing nothing but it was CLEAR Frankie beat Faber. There was no doubt about that fight who the superior fighter was. WTF would anyone want to see a rematch where Frankie clearly won. Dumb if you ask me.

Cruz vs Edgar
Killashaw vs Lineker (next title shot)
Caraway vs Garbrandt/Mizugaki
Dodson vs Sterling
Almedia vs Assuncao

Back