Social Who likes Birds? Feeding Area..

I mostly see sparrows, finches, doves, woodpeckers, turkey vultures, bluejays, juncos, warblers, cardinals, grackles, robins, cowbirds, starlings, red-winged blackbirds, barn swallows, american goldfinches, and hummingbirds. During the Spring, two different types of orioles, grosbeaks, and tanagers make brief appearances. The red-tailed and cooper's hawks are more active during the Fall.

Robins are the scrappiest, bluejays are the most assertive, woodpeckers are the most quizzical, while the turkey vultures are the most intriguing.

Love birds. They're all great... I was feeding a few pairs of humming birds (Ruby throated) and where I "live" there's all kinds, including pileated woodpeckers.

I watched a bluejay grab a grasshopper out of the air and carry it to a branch where the hopper continued to click and rattle it's wings or legs making its noise untill the jay savagely dismembered it...

Birds are cool. I loved the myna birds in Hawaii. Not particularly good looking, but they chatted constantly and fly around in pairs, get into wrestling matches and stuff. They can be taught to talk to and can sound like people.

3FF77B95-EA21-40F5-A659-C81A5F5DA8F5.jpeg
there’s a bird that fell out of its nest onto our lanai that’s we took care of for a bit. It’s parents were still around. They would chirp at us sometimes if we came out while they were around. It ended up growing up and flying away.

Back