Social Who likes Birds? Feeding Area..

genecop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They come from Dinosaurs...thousands of colors , and sizes, smart as fuck...What a gift to have them flying around us...
My wife loves feeding them, so I made a feeding area off our second floor balcony..
Then in order to identify them, I got a cool poster and put it on the back of her closet door..

04772A72-49C3-4EAC-8139-E74A64A89BB2.jpeg F3FCEC13-34DB-482A-83B1-AEF8DE195083.jpeg

Good Morning...

Last edited:
Here!

I intentionally leave some of our garden hedges tall and refuse to cut them until August in order to have nesting spaces for our garden birds. We are rewarded with colonies of little songbirds all year round. They are a joy in the dead of winter and I love seeing them from my garden porch in summer.

11457733.jpg

Here!

I intentionally leave some of our garden hedges tall and refuse to cut them until August in order to have nesting spaces for our garden birds. We are rewarded with colonies of little songbirds all year round. They are a joy in the dead of winter and I love seeing them from my garden porch in summer.

I have a cat door I installed into my garage so a couple of feral cats had a warm place to sleep..cats are gone now, but little finches use the cat door and nest in one of my shelves in the garage..
They have had three sets of babies...I’m in my garage, and they fly around...When they fledge, I open all the doors and the parents lead them out...I set up a camera once and watched the babies being fed..

I love birds there is a hoodeed crow family hanging around my house i have been giving them water and some food for a while and now they follow me around every time I go outside.. Yesterday I saw one of them at the mall when I was coming back from work and it followed me to my house they recognize me from a long distance and they wont leave me alone anymore lol

I have a cat door I installed into my garage so a couple of feral cats had a warm place to sleep..cats are gone now, but little finches use the cat door and nest in one of my shelves in the garage..
They have had three sets of babies...I’m in my garage, and they fly around...When they fledge, I open all the doors and the parents lead them out...I set up a camera once and watched the babies being fed..

That sounds amazing. My son and I have a plan to put up bird houses this summer, though they probably won't see use before next year.

I’m okay with most birds.....but Peacocks....I would be okay if every peacock died today.....horribly....

Your garden is impressive. It's like an enclosure at some kind of redneck zoo but with better furniture

I’m okay with most birds.....but Peacocks....I would be okay if every peacock died today.....horribly....

I got one of them for ya.
One ran out on the road in front of my car at about 630 am, didnt have time to swerve or break he just came charging out of the bushes. I thought it was a turkey and when I went back to take it off the road I was genuinely shocked to see blue feathers everywhere. I scooped up some long blue feathers just for proof bc I knew no one was going to believe that I hit a peacock on my way to work. Feathers were super cool looking. Had to be someone's pet bc they sure as shit don't live around here.

I like the song.

Eagles, Hawks/Falcons, & Owls too.
GenuineLonelyCranefly-max-1mb.gif

I have a lot of titmice around my area that come and eat my bird seed.

I hate jays (blue jays, scrub jays, etc).

ducks and toucans are the best representations of birds, hilarious shenanigans are always afoot. the rest are mostly dicks.

Back