Who is winning Rockhold-Strickland

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What a fight this is.

You have Rockhold who is (or was at least...) an extraordinary talent. Excellent with Kicks, great on the ground particularly on top, good motor etc. But is genuinely the most arrogant in fight fighter I have ever seen combined with his average chin has lend to multiple highlight reel KO losses. A combination of arrogantly keeping his hands down and a disdain for his opponent skill set that is legendary at this point.

vs

Strickland who appears to be some sort of lunatic as he says some of the stupidest shit i have ever heard pre fight. With a very good motor, throwing combinations like some sort of soccer mom in a Dana White boxing lesson class with no semblance of defense, head movement or power whatsoever, yet overwhelming his opponents regardless

The press conference should be epic
the fight should be pretty terrible but awesome at the same time

sign me up.

Rockhold will look good in the beginning and then all of a sudden get hurt badly out of nowhere due to his porous striking defense, which always was the true reason of his downfall, as opposed to his chin.

People will then make a lot of fun of him, which is understandable, because he's quite frankly, an arrogant douche.

Also, people will still talk of the mythical fighter Rockhold was according to them, someday in the past.

I think it comes down to Rockhold's weight cut, how he protects his chin and whether or not he is looking to grapple.

If he's focusing solely on stand-up, Sean should be able to get him out of there. Sean has Parillo as his head coach, who coached Bisping and came up with the plan that thwarted Luke's title run with that huge upset. They will have a plan in place. Luke can win, but the odds are against him even though overall, he may be more talented.

Strickland's biggest strength (left punch) is Rockhold's biggest weakness.

giphy.gif

cr27L77.gif

SeriousWholeAegeancat-max-1mb.gif

Strickland is going to make Rockhold his bitch.

romero_rockhold_kiss.0.0.jpg

Strick kinda has that meat and potatoes style that Blach and Bisping had, except he's not as good on the ground whereas Luke is great on the ground.

Right now, I'm still favoring Luke, but not by much.

Strickland will load up on burritos right before he goes into the ring, the farts will quickly KO Luke because he is so pathetic now when it comes to his glass chin he has zero chance.

Rick hold is better almost everywhere. Strickland has a superior jab and pressure and mindset. I won’t even say endurance as I don’t remember Luke ever gassing out in a fight. Abut Luke is still dismissive and arrogant of stricklands skill set.

Strickland will make most any fight hell for about anyone unless Luke gets him down and beats him up from there. And kicks.

it’s a great matchup to see where Strickland is at. And if Fighting is Luke’s priority. I’m fans of both guys luke since before he was strike force champ and I really like Strickland.

I love the fight.

Strickland cant hit hard enough to finish rockhold but he can grind him out for 5 rounds and break him. Probably wont tho. I never root for strickland, so Luke wins

I can only imagine, when his entrance music hits, that Rockhold will immediately go unconscious

Saltholds chin can be cracked with a finger flick. Strickland by TKO.

People act like Rockhold is glass chinned but he’s been stopped by the best ko artists of recent and all time. Outside of the bisping fight who he just whooped and had no respect for him. as he just dismantled him took bisping as a late replacement and has no respect for anything that mike could do.
And his early ko loss.

Rockhold will look good in the beginning and then all of a sudden get hurt badly out of nowhere due to his porous striking defense, which always was the true reason of his downfall, as opposed to his chin.

People will then make a lot of fun of him, which is understandable, because he's quite frankly, an arrogant douche.

Also, people will still talk of the mythical fighter Rockhold was according to them, someday in the past.

He was kod by a wheel kick from Belfort. The bisping fluke. As he just beat bisping effortlessly and took him on a late replacement. Fought foolishly.

Jan kicked him in the head after the bell. And Luke was about out which contributed to the ko in round 2.

I don’t think this board is even watching fights.

He was kod by a wheel kick from Belfort. The bisping fluke. As he just beat bisping effortlessly and took him on a late replacement. Fought foolishly.

Jan kicked him in the head after the bell. And Luke was about out which contributed to the ko in round 2.

I don’t think this board is even watching fights.
He's very skilled from a technical side (aside from his striking defense) but he's also underestimating opponents with scary regularity and please don't come @ me with Bisping's win being a fluke.

He made a mistake and paid for it and the same thing happened against Blachowicz.

Back