• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is the most frustrating fighter to watch in your opinion?

Tyron woodley- He still to me is the 2nd best welterweight simply because of how hes physically built and that
Bomb he got. has underrated kicking too. When hes on ON i cant see nobody stopping him.
on paper should have walked through Rory Colby usman jake paul and gilbert very easily
but he hesitates alot. if i could pull a doctor strange on him and give him the fighting iq of jon jones but with

aggressiveness. hed be unstoppable. Like name me a fighter in his weight class that could take his right hand
bomb. If usman put out gilbert masvidal and colby and if nate could rock leon, Just imagine what an Explosive

super aggressive Tyron does.
in reality he probably just got older.

Yoel Romero- OMG I know for a fact if he was younger hed be unstoppable. i wish he was more aggressive
like could you imagine if he fought with more pressure YIKES. I love izzy but i wouldnt like his chances facing a blood lusted younger yoel. Chael Weidman vitor lyoto DDP wonderboy bisping robert whitiker, paulo and strickland wouldnt stand a chance. He is an absolute nightmare for Anderson and izzy.

Uriah hall-
I cant i just cant.<DCrying>he was izzy before izzy. low key i think he had more potential
than izzy due to his power. that tko dragon ball z street fighter kick still makes me shiver.

Rampage= Had all the tools to beat dam near most the opponents he lost too.
Paulo= No way he should of lost to strickland and marvin. like come on.

cody garbrant=<{hughesimpress}> i do feel bad he lost to a cheater like TJ.
too bold didnt read

Nowadays it’s definitely Chandler. Has all the tools to win much more but always finds a way to lose in order to be “exciting”.

Yes
He has a youtube channel, watching him speak... he seems a smart guy when it comes to fighting.
But in the octagon... he displays a low IQ sometimes, when he has the conditioning, the KO power, the wrestling and actually a good chin.
Maybe because of his height and reach he needs to loop forward during his strikes, since he cannot close the distance.

Agree with Woodley too.

Of all time, for me, atleast in the UFC it's Martin Kampmann. This guy decided to brawl with Sanchez, brawl with Daley AND wrestle with Jake shields. If it was up to him he'd probably jump guard vs maia and point fight wonderboy.

It was frustrating because the Hitman was damn good. Almost beat Shields
To be fair, he had big wins that were due to his opponents' idiocy and shortcomings
  • Thiago Alves dominated him the entire fight standing and decided to go for a TD in the final few minutes of the 3rd round...and got submitted
  • Ellenberger was beating Kampmann badly early in the fight. It arguably could've been stopped. But Jake gassed by the 2nd and Kampmann finished him. Jake later mentioned that the referee gave Kampmann ample opportunities to recover when he was hurt, but stopped the fight as soon as he (Ellenberger) hit the mat.

Nowadays it’s definitely Chandler. Has all the tools to win much more but always finds a way to lose in order to be “exciting”.
I see what you're getting at but am not sure. He tried wrestling with Poirier and won a round with it, but got subbed in the next round. He also tried a bit with Gaethje, and Justin seemed to get the better of him. And we all know Justin isn't very good on the ground.

When Chandler was younger, he had the cardio to wrestle for 5 rounds, but I don't know about now. Even at his prime at 29 years old he unexplainedly lost to Will Brooks twice. He also gassed and barely beat a shot Bendo in their first Bellator fight that went 5 rounds. He's certainly has some good tools and is dangerous. And I agree his Fight IQ isn't high. But at his age, I don't know what the best style is for him...besides going for an early KO. He can mix in some wrestling but he's not going to go full Khabib on top fighters at this point.

Was always Roy Nelson for me just didn't care and spammed the overhand right! Yeah when it landed it was great but when it didn't not so much. If the guy cared even one iota more he could have actually contended for the belt. Soo frustrating.

If we are talking currently on the roster

Angela Hill (but more like half the WMMA roster to be real)
Mo Usman or any other bigboiz who suck
Sterling
And Any fighter that clowns around more than fight

Not on roster anymore, Francis, JDS (post Cain)

Used to be Uriah Hall, mainly for his inconsistency and seemingly reluctance to pull the trigger, beast of a fighter on his day

As a Strickland fan, he can definitely be frustrating to watch at times. He's a defensive wizard overall, but could likely get more finishes if he stepped on the gas.
The most frustrating thing for me was for the first round and a half he was throwing that teep into Dricus's midsection and it was repeatedly landing and keeping him at range... and then Sean just fucking stopped. I (and I assume most others) was like WTF dude, If something is clearly working, why would you stop??

All fools who are exploiting the fingers on the floor rule and their opponents for not able to snatch one of the many head lock submissions.
I love back takes and back control, but get frustrated when I see a professional athlete being really bad at threatening a rear naked choke. Having back control with body triangle or over a minute and not being able to finish, should be a DQ for stalling the round. Same goes for crotch sniffing and taking breathers against the octagon.
Grappling is great, more entertaining than striking for me, but we must have some action all the time.

Do you guys like watching Marvin Vettori fight? I haven't seen his name mentioned. I feel like his fights are all mid range kickboxing fights where not much happens, and he doesn't pull the trigger much.

All fools who are exploiting the fingers on the floor rule and their opponents for not able to snatch one of the many head lock submissions.
I love back takes and back control, but get frustrated when I see a professional athlete being really bad at threatening a rear naked choke. Having back control with body triangle or over a minute and not being able to finish, should be a DQ for stalling the round. Same goes for crotch sniffing and taking breathers against the octagon.
Grappling is great, more entertaining than striking for me, but we must have some action all the time.

Just say his name, not sure why you're beating around the bush.

Back