Who is the most complete/skilled fighter you have ever seen?

In no particular order, Jon Jones, Georges St. Pierre, Demetrius Johnson, Jose Aldo, Dominic Cruz, and Fedor Emilianenko. None of them had an obvious weakness for others to exploit.
Aldo, Cruz, and Fedor have looked questionable as of late, but in their primes, their dominance was impressive.
Anderson Silva always appeared to be vulnerable to a good wrestler with sub defense.
Khabib Nurmagomedov *might* be vulnerable to a striker who can stop his takedowns, but no one has managed to test this so far, unless you count Iaquinta, who he outstruck.
Also, while they will be dismissed because WMMA, Amanda Nunes and particularly Valentina Shevchenko are complete fighters.

Prime Weidman had a pretty well rounded skill set. With a little better cardio he could have dominated for a long time.

Pretty sure Maycee "The Future" Barber is the one. She will be incredible, just wait.

1. Can't believe Valentina hasn't been mentioned. IDC for WMMA much but she's special.

For the love of fuck, Jones? LMAO

Jones is not half as skilled as Fedor or GSP. For me the answer is between GSP and Fedor, no one else unless you consider half sized humans then MM enters the conversation. But not Jones.
Jones has never been beaten, has cleared out his division time and again, and you don’t see him as skilled as Fedor or GSP? I find that bizarre, perhaps you hate Jones which is fine but at least have the credibility to give a man his dues.

Also, while they will be dismissed because WMMA, Amanda Nunes and particularly Valentina Shevchenko are complete fighters.

True

I go with MM.
He doesn't have the reach advantage of Jones in his division. MM's striking defense is based on technique and foot work instead of "being just larger".

Werdum.
Tapped out Fedor (and his bro), Nog, and Cain.
Ko'd Hunt and drop kicked Browne (and Edmund).

People turning this "most complete fighter" into "Who da GOAT?"...
Naming Demian Maia....FFS...

Jones has never been beaten, has cleared out his division time and again, and you don’t see him as skilled as Fedor or GSP? I find that bizarre, perhaps you hate Jones which is fine but at least have the credibility to give a man his dues.
theres more to fighting than pure skill and technique. Jon is blessed with tremendous physical atributes, things he didn't train or work for at all, IE an absolutely bonkers reach, and an absolutely iron chin.

Jon is very gifted and a natural talent for fighting. But if you break it down, skill for skill, boxing, wrestling, bjj, jabs, etc etc he does not have shit on GSP.

I dont hate Jones at all.

Jon Jones > GSP > Aldo. Even me hating GSP for his style, lettuce hands, hugs on the ground and so on, this can't be denied. I don't put Aldo in front of GSP because Aldo has only good defensive wrestling. He can take you down, ok, but is not his specialty.

Demetrious Johnson and it's not even close.

Fedor.
Extremely quick, great boxing, KO power, excellent takedowns, takedown defense, and lighting fast transitions. Excellent grappler, great submission game. Prime Fedor was the most well-rounded I’ve seen. MM is close.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back