Who is the most complete/skilled fighter you have ever seen?

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For me I would say Jones, he’s perhaps not the force he once was but his skill set allows him to better more decorated wrestlers, boxers and kick-boxers.

second I would say GSP, an argument could be made for Silva but Silva lacked the wrestling prowess of the above two.

What’s your thoughts?

Fedor

lol @ people saying Jones. Dude has horrible boxing

For me I would say Jones, he’s perhaps not the force he once was but his skill set allows him to better more decorated wrestlers, boxers and kick-boxers.

second I would say GSP, an argument could be made for Silva but Silva lacked the wrestling prowess of the above two.

What’s your thoughts?

Jones does things, or has the potential to do things, than the others cannot do. But when it comes to fundamentals, his boxing (offensive/defensive/footwork/understanding lateral movements of his opponent) is basic, at best.

GSP and DJ seem to be the most complete guys

Khabib out wrestles everyone and DESTROYED Conor in striking who on here in considered the best ever.

Dj he did everything

outboxed dudes
outkicked dudes
wrestle fucked dudes
outjitz dudes

Well flyweights are quite weak it's not a stacked division but Dj is incredibly well rounded

Bj comes to mind too but I can't really say he is well rounded when he refused to see the utility of kicks

Khabib out wrestles everyone and DESTROYED Conor in striking who on here in considered the best ever.

Khabib out-struck Conor because Conor was more concerned about the takedown attempts. Put them in a boxing match, I expect it would be a different result...

Anderson Silva.

He’d destroy his opponents standing and in the clinch plus would handle those on the ground who tried to outwrestle him.

”Yeah but it can’t be Silva, his wrestling sucks!”

silva-marquardt-2_medium_medium.gif

<{silvanormal}>

In fact, it sucked so much that he never got on the ”longest win streaks in the UFC” list.

b8b4a79500f425b4c62a15780d31b791.jpg

So much, that he barely defended his belt. With wrestling that bad, he’d never rule a weight division for over 2400 days.. Because just about anyone worth their salt would twist Silva into a pretzel

<BC1>

For the love of fuck, Jones? LMAO

Jones is not half as skilled as Fedor or GSP. For me the answer is between GSP and Fedor, no one else unless you consider half sized humans then MM enters the conversation. But not Jones.

Jon Jones and I'll see where mmas paradox ( mousasi) is on list when he finishes up his final contract . Hes only 34 - unbelievable, he doesnt look a day older than 29[ fight IQ......even his wrestling has done / 180] with all that fight mileage with ultra sucess in every top org, including zuffa / UFC ( 12-3 / 9-3 ).

I'm starting to believe what DJ and Hume said about Gegard...... and even I said " I dont know about that " .That wasnt even that long ago.
Shame on me.

Last edited:
Anderson Silva.

He’d destroy his opponents standing and in the clinch plus would handle those on the ground who tried to outwrestle him.

”Yeah but it can’t be Silva, his wrestling sucks!”

silva-marquardt-2_medium_medium.gif

<{silvanormal}>

In fact, it sucked so much that he never got on the ”longest win streaks in the UFC” list.

b8b4a79500f425b4c62a15780d31b791.jpg

So much, that he barely defended his belt. With wrestling that bad, he’d never rule a weight division for over 2400 days.. Because just about anyone worth their salt would twist Silva into a pretzel

<BC1>
He gout mounted by a half dead Lutter who nearly killed himself trying to make weight. If he wasn't so drained he wouldn't have lost mount.

he got molested by Chael for 22 minutes.

Chael laid the blueprint, which is why Anderson tries his hardest to not fight Weidman. A prime wrestler with elite grappling.....Anderson was telling people he was going to lose in a "joking" manner because he knew..

Smashing non wrestlers like Forrest, Bonnar, Vitor, etc does not mean Anderson didn't have a weakness in wrestling. Come on. Is his wrestling absolute trash? No. Was it a weakness? yes

Anderson Silva in his prime was the most skilled. Speed, striking, reflexes and evasion. Anyone else at this stage can only rank 2nd. And i was never a big fan of Silva. I couldn't stand his show boating but you can't take away the reality of his fighting expertise.

RDA
Mighty Mouse
GSP
Fedor
Werdum

People saying Jones...
<{Heymansnicker}>

What’s your thoughts?
GSP
Prime Fedor
Dillashaw
Mighty Mouse
Aldo
DC
Cain
Rory
Edgar

/Thread

Last edited: