• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Who is the Greatest MMA fighter of all-time?

Who is the Greatest MMA fighter of all-time?

• Total voters
Once you've been around the sport for 20 years. It just becomes something you accept.

I started out vehemently against any form of PED.

But, ultimately, all our favorite athletes are juicing.

People are free to believe whatever they want, but it's just delusional at this stage of the game.

That isnt just in combat sports. It's all sports. So, unless you want to stop watching any sport ever again, it just becomes something you acknowledge as a facet of the game.

It'd be great if they were all clean. But I live in reality and I actually think things through.

You should try it.
Not everyone cheats like Jones cheated. You're a liar.

Stop bothering me with your goofy bullshit.

Not everyone cheats like Jones cheated. You're a liar.

Stop bothering me with your goofy bullshit.
You live in a fantasy world

There's no place for emotions in these kinds of discussions.

That's why so many fans who operate you can't be taken seriously when it comes to a genuine debate about who the true goat actually is

You live in a fantasy world

There's no place for emotions in these kinds of discussions.

That's why so many fans who operate you can't be taken seriously when it comes to a genuine debate about who the true goat actually is
Like I said, you'll tell yourself any lie to overlook criticism against Jones. You don't even know how to be logical. And now I'm ignoring you because posting on Sherdog is more enjoyable without lying dipshits who can't handle someone badmouthing their favourite fighter. Spamming me with multiple whining posts before I had a chance to reply was just too much stupidity.

Like I said, you'll tell yourself any lie to overlook criticism against Jones. You don't even know how to be logical. And now I'm ignoring you because posting on Sherdog is more enjoyable without lying dipshits who can't handle someone badmouthing their favourite fighter. Spamming me with multiple whining posts before I had a chance to reply was just too much stupidity.
Talking about stupidity when you haven't said a single intelligent thing in this entire thread. Nor provided any counter argument.

Lol ight

whoever impressively wins his next fight inside top5 of any division (except wmma) until the same happens to someone else

I was just simply more impressed with Fedor's goat run, everything considered.

Plus there has never been a more revered fighter looked up to by his peers (other fighters)....there's a video out there that's like an hour long compilation of nothing but fighters giving praise to Fedor and his career.

Last edited:
I can't tell you who the MMA GOAT is, but I can tell you whoever it is will have to have never failed a PED test.

IMO if you fail a drug test, you are automatically disqualified from the running.

Wow Jone Jones and Fydor are neck to neck.

Jones
GSP
Fedor

gap

others.

P/S. Khabib dont belong here. Borderline top-10.

1.GSP 2.Fedor 3.Khabib
I dont rate cheaters. Imagine if GSP or Khabib took steroids. Unbeatable. Also Jones got multible gift decisions.
Khabibs resume is not on par with the others, but his dominance is insane and beyond compare. Never even bled in the cage. No black eyes, no nothing. Thats just crazy.

Stipe? Even Gane? Refusing to fight Chael on short notice?

You're just nitpicking, you voted for Fedor who at the age of 28-29, fought a 40+yr old Mark Coleman twice. Jones is closer to Stipe's age than Fedor was to Coleman. Jones fought nothing but ranked & great fighters throughout his career, Fedor beat 4 notable fighters.

Did Fedor ever pop for PEDs? Just can't bring myself to call Jones the goat. They could all be on it, but Jones is a lying dirt bag.

Fedor will always be the GOAT for me. In all honesty the list is too long. It should have only 4 names - Fedor, Jones, GSP and Silva. Unfortunately, two of these are proven cheaters.
So it's basically between Fedor and GSP.

Can’t decide between Jones, GSP and Khabib.

Jones is the best if you ignore PEDs.
GSP is the best if you don’t ignore PEDs.

But I feel like a LHW/HW Khabib would probably beat Jones and a WW Khabib would beat GSP.

The greatest also isn’t the same as the best, imo

Back