**Who is the G.O.A.T.** w/poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was Fedor and it's still Fedor.

Maybe we'll talk about Jones 5/6 years from now..

If someone doesn't think Fedor is the GOAT I have no respect for their MMA knowledge. I wasn't even really a fan of the guy, but hes the best.

If someone doesn't acknowledge the few different possibilities they don't know as much about mma as they think.

1. Fedor 2. GSP 3. Silva (for now) 4. Jones. I think Jones will most likely pass Silva in time given his level of competition he has absolutely dominated already and he's still very young.

whilst I expext the poll to show Fedor, the answer is Anderson. Fedor had an amazing run that can't be denied, but Anderson edges him *just* .

it's close though and to be honest an argument could be made for either anf neither would be wrong, it's that close

Because this sport is about scalps. Who you beat and how good they were when you beat them. I don't care if you beat someone using the exact same move repetitively in a video game style or if you displayed a wide range of skills. It doesn't matter what skills your opponent showed. All that matters was their place in the mma world. Beating quality fighters. You can't admit it's debatable that a fighter has better wins while saying it's undoubted another is better. The fighter with the better wins is the better fighter.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Imo skills are different thing than wins, but hey you can think whatever you like :p

I'd say Anderson, GSP, and Fedor.

I hold Fedor in the same regard as I hold Babe Ruth in baseball, he was the first dominant superstar from the original era. The only thing I wish we all witnessed was Fedor crossing-over like Big Nog did to to fight Couture, Mir, and Lesnar.

Anderson and St. Pierre are both pretty interchangeable regardless. I might pick GSP by a hair, and a couple years from now it could be The Spider by a hair.

Fedor without a doubt. It's harder to stay undefeated at HW, let alone for 10 years, than it is to stay undefeated at a lower weight class.

Fedor without a doubt. It's harder to stay undefeated at HW, let alone for 10 years, than it is to stay undefeated at a lower weight class.

If anyone was gonna stay undefeated for ten years, heavyweight would be one of the more likely weights it would happen in.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Imo skills are different thing than wins, but hey you can think whatever you like :p

That's fine. I just think beating quality fighters is the single most important thing about prize fighting. In nearly every other sport, dazzling people with skill doesn't mean as much as actually beating the best.

B.J. Penn. 2 division champion. Natural LW fought at LHW. Only fought world-class competition his whole career and has never even been knocked down before.

/Thread

I go with Fedor like I always have, fighters lose eventually and Fedors losses shouldn't have dropped him from GOAT status. Now that Anderson lost, I'm hoping people see that and give the respect to Fedor.

Of course, I see Jones grabbing the GOAT title from Fedor before he retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back