**Who is the G.O.A.T.** w/poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider.. fighting at a time when the competition is much harder than Fedor. There has been a mass influx of talented athletes into the sport over the last few years.. the talent pool and number of legit challengers is much higher than it was when fedor was dominating.

Exactly. Obviously you want to beat people who have great wins and good rankings, but I guess this man thinks Rampage "absorbed" all Hendo's 205 wins when he beat him.

Anderson > Hendo > Chonan doesn't work because it's overruled by Chonan > Anderson.

A>H>C works because it happened after C>A. And Rampage absorbed Hendos wins up to that point.

A>H>C works because it happened after C>A. And Rampage absorbed Hendos wins up to that point.

I know it benefits your shitty stance to argue that Henderson is the same fighter at 185 that he is at 205+ but statistics,wins, and finish rate says otherwise.

Fedor didnt fight a 185lb Henderson who gasses in one round of fighting. He fought a 207lb Henderson who has went 5 rounds and has PROVEN HW punching power.

Anderson fought a deflated 185lb Henderson who lost to JAKE SHIELDS of all people in that weightclass. 185lb Henderson almost lost a SD to Rich Franklin. Thats NOT the same guy who fought Fedor.

Also look at the wins

beating Mirko, Nog, AA, Sylvia, Coleman,Arona, Randleman, Hunt and Rizzo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> beating Hendo 185, Vitor, Griffin, and Sonnen.

Losing to perennial top 5 HW Werdum, top 10 Reem killing BF, 207lb Henderson >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Losing to Takase, Chonan, Weidman and Azeredo.

Anderson lost to Takase and Chonan 6 years into his career when he was 30 years old.

Fedor>>>>>Anderson

A>H>C works because it happened after C>A.

So if Barnett had beat Fedor (let's imagine the fight didn't get cancelled), we could've said Barnett > Fedor > Cro Cop even though Cro Cop > Barnett 3x? Sorry, but no.

I know it benefits your shitty stance to argue that Henderson is the same fighter at 185 that he is at 205+ but statistics,wins, and finish rate says otherwise.

Fedor didnt fight a 185lb Henderson who gasses in one round of fighting. He fought a 207lb Henderson who has went 5 rounds and has PROVEN HW punching power.

Anderson fought a deflated 185lb Henderson who lost to JAKE SHIELDS of all people in that weightclass. 185lb Henderson almost lost a SD to Rich Franklin. Thats NOT the same guy who fought Fedor.

Also look at the wins

beating Mirko, Nog, AA, Sylvia, Coleman,Arona, Randleman, Hunt and Rizzo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> beating Hendo 185, Vitor, Griffin, and Sonnen.

Losing to perennial top 5 HW Werdum, top 10 Reem killing BF, 207lb Henderson >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Losing to Takase, Chonan, Weidman and Azeredo.

Anderson lost to Takase and Chonan 6 years into his career when he was 30 years old.

Fedor>>>>>Anderson

1. Scott Shields?
2. Misaki is a great fighter, not someone Hendo should lose to but he was good
3. He fought Franklin at 205
4. I agree with everything else you said though

Spider.. fighting at a time when the competition is much harder than Fedor. There has been a mass influx of talented athletes into the sport over the last few years.. the talent pool and number of legit challengers is much higher than it was when fedor was dominating.

I guess that's why a fighter Fedor fought 8 years ago just fought for the UFC HW title lol.

It's Anderson on paper, Fedor in my heart and Jones in the near future. GSP will be over looked forever

0 proof of that and most of the guys Anderson fought aren't even in the ufc anymore or dropped weight classes. Hw is a much harder weight class to dominate than any other, and is the reason weight classes exist.

So if Barnett had beat Fedor (let's imagine the fight didn't get cancelled), we could've said Barnett > Fedor > Cro Cop even though Cro Cop > Barnett 3x? Sorry, but no.

Barnett re-absorbs his losses and makes a case for being ranked higher than Crocop.

I think the poll answers show a lot of "recency bias". I find it hard to believe that Jose Aldo has more all-time status than say Chuck Liddell or a Wanderlei Silva

Henderson lost to Shields after Anderson beat him. Fedor however lost to the Henderson who lost to Shields.

Also look at the wins

Fedor>>>>>Anderson

I like how you left out Franklin x2, Maia, Marquardt, and Okami. It just shows how either biased you are or incompetent you are.

Who's the greater fighter? A guy who loses a couple times in the middle of his career but then gets better and dominates consolidating the division's wins or a guy who refuses to join the #1 org, never consolidates his divsion and then loses a bunch of times and only wants to face old guys afterwards? Anderson > Fedor.

Barnett re-absorbs his losses and makes a case for being ranked higher than Crocop.

I can't agree with that at all, the losses are on his record, he lost to a fighter who was superior at the time, there's no canceling out here. There's wins and losses no more or less.

jeez. can u imagine a match between LHW anderson and fedor. thatd be awesome

Could anyone imagine Fedor pulling the shit Silva has in his career?

Fedor didn't need to act like a moron round after round to try and get his opponent to fall into his gameplan because he has no means of taking the fight to his opponent. Fedor wasn't limited like Silva.

Fedor would come forward and kill your ass no matter what area of MMA you wanted to engage him in because he was incredibly well rounded. He would engage you no matter if you liked it or not.

Im gonna say it.

There is literally no comparison. Anderson even being discussed in the same breath as Fedor is an insult to the sport.

Lolllll no, I can't imagine Fedor doing what Anderson did

because he couldn't

Fedor for sure .
Was happy to see him fight before he retired .

Henderson lost to Shields after Anderson beat him. Fedor however lost to the Henderson who lost to Shields.

I like how you left out Franklin x2, Maia, Marquardt, and Okami. It just shows how either biased you are or incompetent you are.

Who's the greater fighter? A guy who loses a couple times in the middle of his career but then gets better and dominates consolidating the division's wins or a guy who refuses to join the #1 org, never consolidates his divsion and then loses a bunch of times and only wants to face old guys afterwards? Anderson > Fedor.

Franklin never won a big fight in his life unless you consider Nate Quarry or Glassjawed should be retired Liddell a great win.

Maia is a 170lb fighter and who has Okami beaten thats better than Mirko,Nog, AA, Hunt?????

Who's the better fighter?

The guy who only lost to great fighters in the END of his career. = FEDOR

not the guy who lost to Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan 6 years into his fighting career.

Anderson never beat anyone great outside of Hendo and Vitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back