Who is the best UFC fighter that never held a belt in the UFC.?

Hendo did win the UFC 17 Middleweight Tournament, (which was before they created the belt) so he is kind of a Bizarro UFC champ.

Mirko got greedy, and he would have beaten Couture had he taken the title shot.

Wandy, while my favorite fighter, was shot before he arrived.

Still, the answer to the question is simple: Kazushi Sakuraba (who also won at the UFC Ultimate Japan Heavyweight Tournament). I guess he is also a kind of Bizarro champ too, although it was a weird tournament.
I don't Wanderlei was shot before hand. His war with Chuck is one of my all time favorite fights. I think it was Page 3 that started the turn for the worse. Hell he beat prime Bisping (lol) and nearly finished Franklin twice afterwards. He's a weird fighter. My all time favorite but you never knew if he would get a KO or get KTFO.

Gustafson,Florian, Rory macdonald(though he may win someday)

this is a secret love thread for bisping.
you are probably the only person who even considered Bisping as a possible answer to that question; he's not even remotely close to the best non champion.

"Who is the best UFC fighter that never held a belt in the UFC" - posted in the UFC section of Sherdog, no less.
Oh shit missed that part xD
I'll go with Rory then.

Dan Henderson, Wanderlei Silva, Cro Cop. Basically the Pride guys that came over...

Past or present fighters, not counting interim belt.

I'm going to say it's Condit IMO.

Some others.....
Overeem
Shields
Henderson
Wandi
Diaz
Gomi
Benavides
Mirko
Melendez
Koschek
Fitch
Palharis
McDonald
Faber
Rumble

Condit has a belt

CelebratedGleefulFlounder.gif

He's got a dozen years, GSP and Tristar on his side.

[ I'll just name a FEW ]
Rumble Johnson
Alex Gus
Bisping
Wanderlei
KenFlo
and of course, THE Cornrowed PEOPLE'S CHAMPION Andy Wang approves of this message.
P19-110727-85.jpg

Can't put him on the list, but with all the Wonderboy fans popping up, I would think they would have posted here.
Being top 3 in two divisions seems to merit an honourable mention at least.

Back