Who is the best UFC fighter that never held a belt in the UFC.?

Wand is the correct answer. Until Jones came around he was widely considered GOAT at lhw.

In a few years Chad Mendes may be worth mentioning. Right now, I'd agree with your list.

Wand is the correct answer. Until Jones came around he was widely considered GOAT at lhw.

Meh Wanderlei was far out of his prime in his recent UFC run.

And as a Ufc fighter Wand went 5-7 total. Including his early UFC fights against Vitor, Tito, and Petarra

If Jones is considered to be the P4P 1 fighter in the world, and Cormier is also up there, then it pretty much has to be Gustafsson. He has proved not once but twice that he fights on their level.

Faber never held a UFC belt, but his best days were pre UFC. As far as guys who fight in the UFC during their prime, I'm gonna say Fitch. For a few years, GSP was clear #1, Fitch was clear #2, and nobody else was even close at 170.

I can't go along with this. Did you see what DC did to them?
How wouldn't Werdom do the same thing??
Well for starters, they have completely different styles, so I'm not sure what you mean by that. And if you remember Gus arguably beat DC. Anyways, I personally think Cormier is better than Werdum and is a much tougher match-up for Rumble and Gus. Werdum isn't a grinder, he wouldn't wear Rumble out the same way. I don't think Werdum could take any of the three down and would end up losing the striking battle.

Based on their entire careers...
Crocop
Overeem
Wanderlei
KID Yamamoto
Gomi was ranked #1 for years
Kawajiri was also ranked #1 at LW and #2 at FW 7 years later
Faber

Little nog deserves a mention

If you don't count tournaments then Sakuraba and Hendo

Last edited:
Benavidez and Mendes are still in their prime in terms of their skill and will likely continue to dominate 95% of the people in their divisions, but might not even see another title shot in the forseeable future. Kinda unfortunate.

Also I'm assuming it could change if Yoel really is done, but imo Jacare Souza might be the best current fighter to not even be given a title shot (unless we're counting strikeforce)

Wanderlei, CroCop, Henderson and the Nogs (if we're not talking interim titles). I could see Faber as well.

Back