Who is MMA’s Buster Douglas?

Nate Diaz. I didn't even bother watching their first fight because I was so sure Conor would win. When I woke up, and saw the results, and the pics I was in shock.

"I'm not surprised motherfuckers"

Can't be Holly Holm. She's been pretty competitive with other top WMMA fighters. Buster Douglas wouldn't be able to beat the top 10 in boxing.

Micheal Bisping beating Rockhold was a Buster Douglas moment. Same with Serra.

Need to have a near invincible heavyweight champ at age 21 knocking everyone out in less than 5 minutes, then we may get our buster douglas.

Francis Ngannou was looking like Tyson, so I guess that would make Stipe Buster.

Holmes was the one who everyone was saying was going to beat Ronda even before she signed with the UFC. Not sure why everyone acts now like she was such a big underdog.

Serra.. He needed to hit the lotto that night..

Matt Serra followed by Bisping...

Ya, in reality it probably has to be some combination of Serra, Holly, Weidman, Randleman. For all the different elements.

Serra would beat GSP maybe 5 times if they fought 100 more times. Douglas would have been 50-50 against Tyson.

Holly beat someone that was not Mike Tyson, especially standing.

Weidman beat an old man, and was only a small underdog at most, and would be a favorite in all future meetings.

Randleman probably has the most parallels. Cro Cop was considered invincible. Randleman was a huge dog. Cro Cop never got back to that level, but did still have success. Randleman himself did not have much more success. And of course..... it happened in Japan.

lol at all the noobs saying Gonzaga btw
Cro cop never got back to that level? He went on a 7 fight, 4 top 10,win streak straight after

Can't say Holly, because Ronda was overhyped. GSP legitimately was beaten down by a far lesser fighter.

Answer has to be Serra.
Tyson was over-hyped as well. Most pundits felt he was avoiding some of the other top fighters of his time as champ.

Francis Ngannou for showing me an uppercut that rivaled the one Douglas got Tyson with, both were belters. Holyfield took one from Bowe in one their fights as well, but manged to weather it.

1990-02-11-TysonXBusterDouglas-uppercut-slomo-sg.gif

DBE.gif

Matt Serra has to be #1.

Cro Cop was pretty close to be a Tyson figure before coming to the UFC. Beat Barnett, Wand, Coleman, Igor V, and took Hunt and Fedor to decision. Then Gonzaga kicked his head off. If we're going to mention people besides Serra, we might as well give Gonzaga a nod.

Kevin Randleman KO'd Mirko before Gonzaga did.

i think Randleman was the closest thing to Douglas.

nobody thought he had a chance and not only did he beat Mirko, he owned him by tricking him. it was a designed play to open Mirko up and it worked perfectly, the same as Douglas outboxing Tyson over 8 rds and KOing him.

I've changed my mind. Nate Diaz the correct answer

Back