Who is MMA’s Buster Douglas?

Which is the biggest upset in mma history ?

Got to go with Randleman knocking out mirko cro cop

Not bad, except Randleman was a UFC champ 5 years prior to this, so while it was an upset, it wasn't on the level of Buster Douglas though, at least i don't think so.

Rose vs JJ should be right next to them, even if she won the rematch as well.
In order for mma to have a Douglas we need a tyson first
Ronda was undefeated and finishing everyone, she might not be legit, but she was running through the competition until Holm, who has gone 2-4 after, and was probably the biggest upset ever.

Werdum and there are countless comparisons.

Always Champion material but had an indestructible force playing the game at the same time. That said force was in decline but it went unnoticed on many until it was over. Werdum imo in mma is above Buster in boxing skillwise but both at the top of their game could beat anybody when it's a more level playing field.

How so? He had 3 title defenses and now fighting against number 2 contender and if he wins he is gonna get another title shot.

LMAO my bad. You're right. I was still thinking about the other thread about who is the Roy Jones of MMA. I consider Anderson to be Roy Jones so my mind went to Weidman for the upset. I had a brain fart. Serra is def Buster Douglas.

Not bad, except Randleman was a UFC champ 5 years prior to this, so while it was an upset, it wasn't on the level of Buster Douglas though, at least i don't think so.

Maybe not the win but randleman to KO cro cop.
No one could imagine that at the time

It's Diaz. Douglas outfought and weathered Tyson's storm, much like Diaz did with McGregor. Serra just caught GSP.

Who is boxing's Kenny Florian
~ Kenny Florian

Matt Serra has to be #1.

Cro Cop was pretty close to be a Tyson figure before coming to the UFC. Beat Barnett, Wand, Coleman, Igor V, and took Hunt and Fedor to decision. Then Gonzaga kicked his head off. If we're going to mention people besides Serra, we might as well give Gonzaga a nod.

There isn't one. All the fighters being mentioned were pretty elite when they won their fights.

Back