Media Who is Justin Gaethje’s Best UFC Win?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
To be honest he doesn't have a win over a title contender, so maybe he should quit crying about fighting Khabib and focus on calling out Conor

Him and Conor would be the fight to make if Dana wasn't such a greedy stubborn tool

Barboza. But I'm also biased because I saw that shit live and it was nuts.

I think he beats Tony yes. As for Conor, he is 1-1 at LW. At FW it was a different story of course. And fuck off with that 'new to ufc shit'. Its embarrassing.

Conor would be a rightful favourite against Dustin, Nate or Cowboy at 155 however you want to spin it.

I'd favour him over Justin too.

I think he beats Tony yes. As for Conor, he is 1-1 at LW. At FW it was a different story of course. And fuck off with that 'new to ufc shit'. Its embarrassing.
Its even more embarrassing if you are not new and still think that.

His best win is Barboza BUT in hindsight, we now know Edson had a ceiling and could never fix his glaring shortcoming.
I dont like the fact that an other side of his career Eddie Alvarez finished the wreckless gaejthe.

However, like I always must, I'll give any fighter coming to UFC benefit of doubt early in tenure. That period is officially behind him now - his next fight ( fights) will speak volumes where Justin stands in talented 155 division.

lol He's learned to be smarter.

Who is Conrad's best win? Eddie soon got KO'd by a nobody. Dustin and Max hadn't hit their stride. Nate hasn't been top 10. Only quality win is Aldo, except Aldo was mentally beaten and charged in. Mendes would have whooped him with a full camp.
Justin got smoked by two dudes conor made look like cans. I love how you bashed conor wins while defending justin like how? Love how you bashed eddie being k.od by a nobody when eddie k.od justin to hell ,he must be a can

I think Gaethje is just the kind of a guy that people want to see get big opportunities because his fights are so violent.

We haven't seen a title fight that was a grotesque display of violence since maybe Romero vs Whittaker?

Its even more embarrassing if you are not new and still think that.

Yes, using rankings where the fighters actually fight in that division is embarrassing. I much prefer your fantasy rankings where someone who hasn't won a fight since 2016 is ranked higher than someone who is 5-1 in that division, in that same period.

Conor would be a rightful favourite against Dustin, Nate or Cowboy at 155 however you want to spin it.

I'd favour him over Justin too.

Yes on paper he would be favourite against all of them rightly so, and I think the Justin fight would be one of the easier ones to be honest. I also think he beats Tony with relative ease. But it's tough to put him in the rankings based on hypothetical matches.

Yes on paper he would be favourite against all of them rightly so, and I think the Justin fight would be one of the easier ones to be honest. I also think he beats Tony with relative ease. But it's tough to put him in the rankings based on hypothetical matches.

Agreed.

Michael Johnson cause I was there live. He also had a lot of hype coming in from a smaller organization.

Barboza isn't even close to Cerrone resume wise and Donald even beat him.

lol He's learned to be smarter.

Who is Conrad's best win? Eddie soon got KO'd by a nobody. Dustin and Max hadn't hit their stride. Nate hasn't been top 10. Only quality win is Aldo, except Aldo was mentally beaten and charged in. Mendes would have whooped him with a full camp.
So according to you Justin is now smarter because you know him personally , Dustin and Max weren't good fighters until they started winning, Nate and Eddie were never good because they recently lost, Aldos head wasn't right because you know him personally and Mendes woulda won "full camp" because you also know him personally. Good stuff man.

Last edited:
Justin Gaethje’s UFC resume:

Michael Johnson (Win)
Eddie Alvarez (Loss)
Dustin Poirier (Loss)
James Vick (Win)
Edson Barboza (Win)
Donald Cerrone (Win)

All his wins: Johnson, Vick, Barboza, Cerrone.

Michael Johnson: 2-3 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight, coming off dominant loss to Khabib.
FluidBronzeIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

34a70d_e3282ed7370345fb949f6695107f67b1~mv2.gif

James Vick: 4-1 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Beat one ranked fighter in the last 5 (Francisco Trinaldo #14)

ActiveEdibleElephant-size_restricted.gif

Edson Barboza: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Is now 1-4 in his last 5, although I think most people who watched his Felder fight know who deserved the win. * People were salty because of Justin eye poking Barboza

TalkativeCleanDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Donald Cerrone: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Lost to Leon Edwards & Tony Ferguson, beat #4 ranked Al Iaquinta in the same calendar year.

HappyEsteemedCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

Personally I'd say his Cerrone or Johnson wins were his best. Johnson because of the match up and Cerrone because of his resume in 2019.

I’m probably the biggest Gaethje fan on this whole site, and have been watching him for the longest time. But watching the bitter bums dance around this gaping hole in their logic has been a great time ever since Gaethje(Ali) mentioned Conor on Twitter.

Yes, using rankings where the fighters actually fight in that division is embarrassing. I much prefer your fantasy rankings where someone who hasn't won a fight since 2016 is ranked higher than someone who is 5-1 in that division, in that same period.
{<huh}
I was talking about your belief Dustin beats Conor and Tony. Dustin is good but not elite, he will always come up short against your Khabibs, Conors and Tonys.

Justin Gaethje’s UFC resume:

Michael Johnson (Win)
Eddie Alvarez (Loss)
Dustin Poirier (Loss)
James Vick (Win)
Edson Barboza (Win)
Donald Cerrone (Win)

All his wins: Johnson, Vick, Barboza, Cerrone.

Michael Johnson: 2-3 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight, coming off dominant loss to Khabib.
FluidBronzeIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

34a70d_e3282ed7370345fb949f6695107f67b1~mv2.gif

James Vick: 4-1 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Beat one ranked fighter in the last 5 (Francisco Trinaldo #14)

ActiveEdibleElephant-size_restricted.gif

Edson Barboza: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Is now 1-4 in his last 5, although I think most people who watched his Felder fight know who deserved the win. * People were salty because of Justin eye poking Barboza

TalkativeCleanDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Donald Cerrone: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Lost to Leon Edwards & Tony Ferguson, beat #4 ranked Al Iaquinta in the same calendar year.

HappyEsteemedCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

Personally I'd say his Cerrone or Johnson wins were his best. Johnson because of the match up and Cerrone because of his resume in 2019.

Our hearts, TS

his biggest win is our hearts

MJ consistently loses. He has occasionally and infrequently pulled of a surprise win. If they let him stick around he'll be a .500 fighter in the org.

My vote is that Vick, Barboza and Cerrone are all roughly equal. They are all competent, but not elite.

He's like Cerrone that way. He doesn't have great wins and has lost to the best fighters he faced. He's gotten his ranking by going on a little streak. and looking very good while doing it. I think the way the UFC is set up, this is pretty common.

I’m probably the biggest Gaethje fan on this whole site, and have been watching him for the longest time. But watching the bitter bums dance around this gaping hole in their logic has been a great time ever since Gaethje(Ali) mentioned Conor on Twitter.
Agreed he doesn't have any one big win. But his body of work still ranks him in the top 5.

Unfortunately, too many fans view rankings as static things. They're not. They're dynamic and constantly changing. One year's top 5 may not be comparable to another.

It should never be "has he done enough lately to deserve a top 5 ranking"; it always has to be "has he done more than any other 5 guys lately". And there are not currently 5 other LW's who deserve to be ranked higher than him today. There are definitely 3, and maybe (debatable) Conor.

Sure he got there by only beating Vick, Barboza and Cowboy. But he's rightfully ranked ahead of Felder (who got there by beating Vick and Barboza but lost to Perry) and Hooker (who beat Vick but lost to Barboza). And after Tony & Justin you have to go all the way down to Ferreira or Oliviera to to find someone else with a 3 fight win streak.

And then of course there's how he won those 3 fights.

And not that it's exactly pertinent, but Poirier and Conor got their LW title shots by beating FW's.

So where does all this leave us? Simply put, rankings are inexact models but they're all we've got. And Justin is rightfully up there in the top 5. Now all we can do is hope that his LW title shot doesn't get leapfrogged by a guy who refuses to fight LW's at 155....

Last edited:
Back