Media Who is Justin Gaethje’s Best UFC Win?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
He basically finished Alvarez a few times but he came back from the dead.

I think Dustin is the 2nd best LW in the world behind Khabib right now, so not too surprised by that one.
Dustin better than ferg and conrad. I get it. Youre new to ufc.

Payroll department.

Just playing, that dude doesn't get over paid imo, 7 OFN bonus' in 6 fricken fights. Guys a modern day gladiator.

MJ consistently loses. He has occasionally and infrequently pulled of a surprise win. If they let him stick around he'll be a .500 fighter in the org.

My vote is that Vick, Barboza and Cerrone are all roughly equal. They are all competent, but not elite.

I was being charitable. He's put together a few streaks here and there and has some Ws over big names, which is what I was getting at -- you never know which Johnson is going to show up. But yes, I agree that he is in general a mediocre fighter and a gatekeeper at best. Doesn't really change my vote, though.

Poor dudes a punching bag.conrad would put a bad beatdown on him.

If this was the Gaethje of a couple of years ago, I'd agree. But he's grown a lot in the space of a few fights. He's showing more patience and shored up his defense while still being a great pressure fighter.

Don't get me wrong, I still suspect Conor wins that fight. But I would consider Justin these days to be a live threat that could actually make him work for it.

Last edited:
Dustin better than ferg and conrad. I get it. Youre new to ufc.

I think he beats Tony yes. As for Conor, he is 1-1 at LW. At FW it was a different story of course. And fuck off with that 'new to ufc shit'. Its embarrassing.

I was being charitable. He's put together a few streaks here and there and has some Ws over big names, which is what I was getting at -- you never know which Johnson is going to show up. But yes, I agree that he is in general a mediocre fighter and a gatekeeper at best. Doesn't really change my vote, though.

If this was the Gaethje of a couple of years ago, I'd agree. But he's grown a lot in the space of a few fights. He's showing more patience and shored up his defense while still being a pressure fighter.

Don't get me wrong, I still suspect Conor wins that fight. But I would consider Justin these days to be a live threat that could actually make him work for it.
As much as I hate Conor, i agree with you. Conor is too slick for Justin.
I'm not saying Justin CAN'T win but I don't really see it happening.

I mean simply looking at each individual fight doesnt do Gaethje justice. Michael Johnson for instance isnt a world beater, but he has legit hands and knockout power, Gaethje took every shot he had and finished him. Alvarez had to go through the ringer just to get a W, he could barely walk by the end

his best win is cerrone

Poor dudes a punching bag.conrad would put a bad beatdown on him.
lol He's learned to be smarter.

Who is Conrad's best win? Eddie soon got KO'd by a nobody. Dustin and Max hadn't hit their stride. Nate hasn't been top 10. Only quality win is Aldo, except Aldo was mentally beaten and charged in. Mendes would have whooped him with a full camp.

Thats a lot of effort for trying to justify Conor (being 1-1 in the division) should get a title shot.

Man MJ has some fast hands. Shame he never fully capitalized on his gifts.

Cerrone for me -- very dominant win just as Cerrone was coming off some big wins

Justin Gaethje’s UFC resume:

Michael Johnson (Win)
Eddie Alvarez (Loss)
Dustin Poirier (Loss)
James Vick (Win)
Edson Barboza (Win)
Donald Cerrone (Win)

All his wins: Johnson, Vick, Barboza, Cerrone.

Michael Johnson: 2-3 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight, coming off dominant loss to Khabib.
FluidBronzeIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

34a70d_e3282ed7370345fb949f6695107f67b1~mv2.gif

James Vick: 4-1 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Beat one ranked fighter in the last 5 (Francisco Trinaldo #14)

ActiveEdibleElephant-size_restricted.gif

Edson Barboza: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Is now 1-4 in his last 5, although I think most people who watched his Felder fight know who deserved the win. * People were salty because of Justin eye poking Barboza

TalkativeCleanDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Donald Cerrone: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Lost to Leon Edwards & Tony Ferguson, beat #4 ranked Al Iaquinta in the same calendar year.

HappyEsteemedCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

Personally I'd say his Cerrone or Johnson wins were his best. Johnson because of the match up and Cerrone because of his resume in 2019.
Barboza

Barboza 26 strikes Cerrone 10. I know he finished him but I wouldn't go as far to say he's better.
Exactly. tough thing with Barbosa is everytime I think he will win he looses. I thought he would be the next big thing. I was in Vegas when he lost to Varner. Tough loss for him

Gaethje's best win is Barboza and that's hands down. Johnson was still a fairly decent scalp at the time of their bout but now he's beyond flushed.

He was unlucky against Poirier and Alvarez. I think he wins the rematch in both instances.

Gaethje's best win is Barboza and that's hands down. Johnson was still a fairly decent scalp at the time of their bout but now he's beyond flushed.

He was unlucky against Poirier and Alvarez. I think he wins the rematch in both instances.

Poirier prolly beats him still

Justin Gaethje’s UFC resume:

Michael Johnson (Win)
Eddie Alvarez (Loss)
Dustin Poirier (Loss)
James Vick (Win)
Edson Barboza (Win)
Donald Cerrone (Win)

All his wins: Johnson, Vick, Barboza, Cerrone.

Michael Johnson: 2-3 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight, coming off dominant loss to Khabib.
FluidBronzeIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

34a70d_e3282ed7370345fb949f6695107f67b1~mv2.gif

James Vick: 4-1 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Beat one ranked fighter in the last 5 (Francisco Trinaldo #14)

ActiveEdibleElephant-size_restricted.gif

Edson Barboza: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Is now 1-4 in his last 5, although I think most people who watched his Felder fight know who deserved the win. * People were salty because of Justin eye poking Barboza

TalkativeCleanDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Donald Cerrone: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Lost to Leon Edwards & Tony Ferguson, beat #4 ranked Al Iaquinta in the same calendar year.

HappyEsteemedCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

Personally I'd say his Cerrone or Johnson wins were his best. Johnson because of the match up and Cerrone because of his resume in 2019.
Shouldn't Cerrone be it? Since apparently it's such a huge win when it's McGregor lmao fucking idiot

Man MJ has some fast hands. Shame he never fully capitalized on his gifts.

I've never really bought into this 'fast hands' hype of Johnson. Seems just like any decent striker's handspeed. Tell me which fights in which he truly showcased this or show me a gif.

Back