Media Who is Justin Gaethje’s Best UFC Win?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

Justin Gaethje’s UFC resume:

Michael Johnson (Win)
Eddie Alvarez (Loss)
Dustin Poirier (Loss)
James Vick (Win)
Edson Barboza (Win)
Donald Cerrone (Win)

All his wins: Johnson, Vick, Barboza, Cerrone.

Michael Johnson: 2-3 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight, coming off dominant loss to Khabib.
FluidBronzeIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

34a70d_e3282ed7370345fb949f6695107f67b1~mv2.gif

James Vick: 4-1 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Beat one ranked fighter in the last 5 (Francisco Trinaldo #14)

ActiveEdibleElephant-size_restricted.gif

Edson Barboza: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Is now 1-4 in his last 5, although I think most people who watched his Felder fight know who deserved the win. * People were salty because of Justin eye poking Barboza

TalkativeCleanDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Donald Cerrone: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Lost to Leon Edwards & Tony Ferguson, beat #4 ranked Al Iaquinta in the same calendar year.

HappyEsteemedCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

Personally I'd say his Cerrone or Johnson wins were his best. Johnson because of the match up and Cerrone because of his resume in 2019.

Best win Barboza.

Most enjoyable win Vick by far.
Justin-Gaethje-i-James-Vick-3.jpg

Cerrone is better than Barboza

Both head-2-head and on paper

WwRisxx.gif

Justin Gaethje’s UFC resume:

Michael Johnson (Win)
Eddie Alvarez (Loss)
Dustin Poirier (Loss)
James Vick (Win)
Edson Barboza (Win)
Donald Cerrone (Win)

All his wins: Johnson, Vick, Barboza, Cerrone.

Michael Johnson: 2-3 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight, coming off dominant loss to Khabib.
FluidBronzeIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

34a70d_e3282ed7370345fb949f6695107f67b1~mv2.gif

James Vick: 4-1 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Beat one ranked fighter in the last 5 (Francisco Trinaldo #14)

ActiveEdibleElephant-size_restricted.gif

Edson Barboza: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Is now 1-4 in his last 5, although I think most people who watched his Felder fight know who deserved the win. * People were salty because of Justin eye poking Barboza

TalkativeCleanDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Donald Cerrone: 3-2 in his last 5 prior to Justin Gaethje fight. Lost to Leon Edwards & Tony Ferguson, beat #4 ranked Al Iaquinta in the same calendar year.

HappyEsteemedCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

Personally I'd say his Cerrone or Johnson wins were his best. Johnson because of the match up and Cerrone because of his resume in 2019.
You can discredit a win over almost any opponent with one of two arguments:

1. They have mixed wins and losses recently (against top competition);
2. They haven't fought many opponents who are in the top 10.

Conor. Made him pull a GSP and flee the division

I’m mightily confused on his two losses, those seem like good match ups for him tbh

MJ is too inconsistent to be an amazing win and Vick is chinny these days. So that leaves Barboza and Donny. My gut says that Barboza is a slightly more impressive win than post-Ferguson Cowboy. It's up for grabs though.

Edson Barboza (Win)
But all his UFC fights were fun to watch

MJ is too inconsistent

MJ consistently loses. He has occasionally and infrequently pulled of a surprise win. If they let him stick around he'll be a .500 fighter in the org.

My vote is that Vick, Barboza and Cerrone are all roughly equal. They are all competent, but not elite.

None of them are all that impressive individually imo, but KOing Vick, Cerrone and Barboza in the 1st rnd consecutively is as much as any of the other contenders have done.

I’m mightily confused on his two losses, those seem like good match ups for him tbh

He basically finished Alvarez a few times but he came back from the dead.

I think Dustin is the 2nd best LW in the world behind Khabib right now, so not too surprised by that one.

None of them are all that impressive individually imo, but KOing Vick, Cerrone and Barboza in the 1st rnd consecutively is as much as any of the other contenders have done.

Too bad Ko'ing Vick has become sort of a trend.

Poor dudes a punching bag.conrad would put a bad beatdown on him.

Back