Who is bigger in Brazil Belfort or AS?

We need a Brazilian poster to answer

Last edited:
I think media in Brazil is not given the right to create or control majority's opinion unlike ours.

Vitor tends to get bigger in Brazil and shrink when he comes to the US.

laughing-gifs-robert-deniro.gif

There was an brazilian article translated to english a couple years ago. Saying that Silva was very jealous of Belforts popularity in Brazil and that played a major part in Their beef.

It was actually a very good deep read. I will do my upmost to find it :)

Vitor was the most famous mma fighter in Brazil for a long period of time, because he was in a brazilian reality show called Casa dos Artistas, in 2002, similar to Big Brother, but with famous brazilian people.

So, he's very popular since then.

Inside the house he met his longtime wife Joana Prado. She was the most sexy brazilian person of the earlys 00's. She had the most selled Brazilian Playboy ever.

images

3w2gxzr9xl95fqp27249q795t.jpg

Victor-Belford1.jpg

But since UFC 126, Anderson Silva became the most well known. He started to get managed by Ronaldo's company '9ine". And today it's not even close. He is the current brazilian biggest star after Neymar.
Andersons-with-pele-500x409.jpg

AS.
I'd say minotauro comes third. He's been doing commentary for most events.
Of course, Werdum should be very well known soon too.
Lotsa people know Machida too.

I think right now, early 2015, the most well known in there are

1 - Anderson
2 - Vitor
3 - Aldo
4 - Machida
5 - Wanderlei, Nogueira, Gracie family (The old mma lions)
6 - Cigano, Bar

Vitor was the most famous mma fighter in Brazil for a long period of time, because he was in a brazilian reality show called Casa dos Artistas, in 2002, similar to Big Brother, but with famous brazilian people.

So, he's very popular since then.

Inside the house he met his longtime wife Joana Prado. She was the most sexy brazilian person of the earlys 00's. She had the most selled Brazilian Playboy ever.

images

3w2gxzr9xl95fqp27249q795t.jpg

Victor-Belford1.jpg

But since UFC 126, Anderson Silva became the most well known. He started to get managed by Ronaldo's company '9ine". And today it's not even close. He is the current brazilian biggest star after Neymar.
Andersons-with-pele-500x409.jpg

Thanks. Vitor is a rare example of a dude who really doesnt need to fight. Beautiful wife, big ass house, popular as shit, Rich, already a legend in the game etc etc. Cool to see he is still tearing shit up at the highest level.

BJ is even crazier because he was born rich.

Thanks. Vitor is a rare example of a dude who really doesnt need to fight. Beautiful wife, big ass house, popular as shit, Rich, already a legend in the game etc etc. Cool to see he is still tearing shit up at the highest level.

BJ is even crazier because he was born rich.

Its so good to see an already proved fighter hungry and getting better. Same case as Lyoto, who is almost 40 and still is one of the most disciplined fighters out there.

In other hand, i'm sad for Shogun, he didn't take training too serious, and he's only 33.

Vitor has been known longer than Anderson but the spider has become
bigger due to the UFC events coming back to Brazil when he was the long
middleweight king. Even people who have no clue what MMA is know who Anderson Silva is. Not the same with Belfort.

Vitor. He's a TV star and his wife is popular for obvious reasons.

From the people I've talked to in Brazil, Anderson is popular but there's still a bit of racial stigma about blacks in Brazil so there's that whole "not a real Brazilian" thing.

Back