Who is bigger in Brazil Belfort or AS?

I would have to say AS.

MMA is not as big as people think in Brazil, so the people who know a bit know about AS and Belfort.

But they would know more about AS because he's more successful and gets more TV time.

At first, before MMA became mainstream, it was Vitor. By far!

He had the issue with his sister, and he was married to a top model who was (at a time) very very famous.

But once it exploded and the UFC started making events in Brazil, then Silva was ruling it.

By the time AS fought Vitor, it might have been close, but the kick to the face put Silva ahead of everyone.

Now I do not know. I think now it is more diverse... Maybe Aldo (since he is the only champ left) or Machida are the most popular...

Vitor. He's a TV star and his wife is popular for obvious reasons.

From the people I've talked to in Brazil, Anderson is popular but there's still a bit of racial stigma about blacks in Brazil so there's that whole "not a real Brazilian" thing.

where are these people in Brazil you talked to ? South ?

Brazil is more than 50% brown, never heard that "not a real Brazilian" thing. What's a real brazilian ? a Brown person ?

According to my significant other, and her family, all from/living in Brasil, it's Vitor, and it's not even close.

From the people I've talked to in Brazil, Anderson is popular but there's still a bit of racial stigma about blacks in Brazil so there's that whole "not a real Brazilian" thing.

Lol at Anderson not being a real brazilian. I guess 99% of brazilians aren't real brazilians.

Holy Sh**. You're an idiot sir.

Vitor was the most famous "vale tudo" fighter for a decade due to this sub-celebrities reality show he took part. A household name, but nothing huge. People knew him, but have never watched a single fight.

Although most people into the sport hated his guts. He was always accused of being fake.

Then, after the front kick, Anderson came with the whole UFC and Globo marketing apparatus to take the lead by a large margin. Vale Tudo became MMA only at this point.

Cigano took advantage of it and had his 15 minutes of fame.

Everyone else it known only to MMA fans.

I'm brazilian

Anderson is by far, the bigger... In certain time, around 2012, Anderson was the second biggest sport guy (the 1 was Neymar)...

The second is Vitor, and the third is Big Nog...

A lot of people don't know guys like Aldo, Bar

Back