Who is a bigger draw? Jose Aldo or Alistair Overeem?

nfp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
so aldo recently complained in an interview about his fighter pay and that a certain heavyweight fighter was making more guaranteed pay than he or any fighter under 155 is making which he thinks is wrong

everyone is "bursting at the seem" to watch aldo fight, he thinks he's a big draw. but is he a bigger draw than overeem?

if they were both fighting on the same night at different venues

1) who would you pay to watch if it had to be one of them?

2) who do you believe the casuals would prefer to watch

I would definitely pay to see Aldo, no idea how casuals wouls think but after his last 3 fights(yes, I know the most recent was a win) I think a lot of his allure has faded

personally Id rather pay to see Aldo, but I think Overeem is the bigger draw at present. his mini documentaries are fucking awesome and help people get to know him

For me? Aldo. The average person, probably Reem. Sucks to say it.

Hmm hard to say. Oveereem's fight with Lesnar, the only ppv he's headlined, did 535k buy rate. Aldo hasn't done anything over 270 in his career.

BUT I attribute that to Lesnar not Overeem.

They both were on UFC 169 which also featured the Barao v Faber 2 title fight and that did 235k - soooooo, they both may not be draws at all.

I think causals would be more drawn to the massive Overeem over the minuscule Aldo. Even though Aldo is a much better fighter.

ofc overeem would be more appealing to casuals

aldo doesnt need to change his fighting style but try to trashtalk a bit and speak english

It's a shame that we're even comparing this......but it's reality....sadly...

so aldo recently complained in an interview about his fighter pay and that a certain heavyweight fighter was making more guaranteed pay than he or any fighter under 155 is making which he thinks is wrong

everyone is "bursting at the seem" to watch aldo fight, he thinks he's a big draw. but is he a bigger draw than overeem?

if they were both fighting on the same night at different venues

1) who would you pay to watch if it had to be one of them?

2) who do you believe the casuals would prefer to watch

Aldo and it's not even close.

Why would ppl pay to watch midgets, n when they could see someone muscular like reem?

I would rather watch Aldo, but Reem is far and away a bigger draw

ofc overeem would be more appealing to casuals

aldo doesnt need to change his fighting style but try to trashtalk a bit and speak english

completely agree

if he wants to make more money then he needs to get rid of the whole "i respect everyone, i come to fight, i train hard" boring personality and needs to firstly, get some english classes, and then start trashtalking and hyping himself up

he has no one else to blame if someone like conor mcgregor comes along and starts making huge $$$ (if he continues winning and becomes a contener) while aldo flatlines and doesn't get a pay increase

i feel like people want to see characters. part of the reason why reem is still fairly popular is because of not just his build and the fact that hes a heavyweight, but because he knows how to market himself

The reem because is the better fighter. I mean, who will win between them and who has more ko power? Reem of course.

Reem.

Aldo is too dominant. Just destroys people. Reem he'll either beat someone up violently or be beat up violently. It's a fantastic 50/50.

Overeem...hands down

Overeem, Lombard...you know theyre gonna be looking for a HUGE ko any any moment

Overeem, easily. Speaking english alone is almost enough to seal the deal. That and being a HW definitely help.

I'd prefer Aldo but the reality is that Overeem is probably a bigger draw

Back