Who is a bigger draw? Jose Aldo or Alistair Overeem?

Why would ppl pay to watch midgets, n when they could see someone muscular like reem?

tumblr_mrch3hauft1qbmz6lo1_400.gif

i love to watch HW's. no homo. just the fact that one slip or punch can end that shit, so for me the reem!

completely agree

if he wants to make more money then he needs to get rid of the whole "i respect everyone, i come to fight, i train hard" boring personality and needs to firstly, get some english classes, and then start trashtalking and hyping himself up

he has no one else to blame if someone like conor mcgregor comes along and starts making huge $$$ (if he continues winning and becomes a contener) while aldo flatlines and doesn't get a pay increase

i feel like people want to see characters. part of the reason why reem is still fairly popular is because of not just his build and the fact that hes a heavyweight, but because he knows how to market himself

What If I told you that he is a big hit in BRAZIL, and in BRAZIL the number for UFC fights are much bigger.

so aldo recently complained in an interview about his fighter pay and that a certain heavyweight fighter was making more guaranteed pay than he or any fighter under 155 is making which he thinks is wrong

everyone is "bursting at the seem" to watch aldo fight, he thinks he's a big draw. but is he a bigger draw than overeem?

if they were both fighting on the same night at different venues

1) who would you pay to watch if it had to be one of them?

2) who do you believe the casuals would prefer to watch

hello nfp,

probably Overeem.

Aldo is a spectacular fighter, and probably the top p4p, but there aren't a lot of matchups in his weight class that interest me - i'd be far more interested to see how Overeem would do against several HWs on the UFC roster than see Aldo cruise to another victory.

- IGIT

Overeem. I couldn't care less about Aldo to be honest. Inb4 "OMGZ fake fan eat shit bitch you SUUUUCK!"

Reem, and as much as I usually dislike it when people say this, but "it's not even close."

Most casuals and even a lot of hardcore fans don't much care about anything that happens below 155 or 170.

It's a shame that we're even comparing this......but it's reality....sadly...
Overeem has faced way tougher competition his whole career. Aldo is lucky to be fighting in a division full of meh fighters and his biggest wins are a malnourished Kenny florian and a worn out Edgar. I wish Aldo fought at lw, he would get a reality check. If he is so great then he should stop fighting good-not great or has been fighters and jump to lightweight.

No problem paying to watch either. Certainly HWs are bound to attract more casuals than the smaller guys.

They about the same. I don't think Cain vs Reem would sell 400000 PPVs.

For (most) hardcore fans: Aldo

For casual fans: Overeem

Therefore, Overeem is the biggest draw since there are obviously more casual fans than hardcore fans.

Though Aldo is the better fighter for his size, Overeem is basically a guaranteed exciting fight and you know he's going out there to stomp somebody or gas out trying. The Werdum fight was kind of a stinker but the guy has had only 2 decisions in like the last decade.

Reem obviously... implying I want to watch some manlet with 0 KO power fight.

Obviously Overeem.
He has several different fanbases that identify with him:
1. Kickboxing fans (because of his decorated kickboxing background)
2. Grappling fans (because he boasts Abu Dhabi credentials as a European champion, and has submitted excellent black belts in MMA fights, such as Vitor Belfort)
3. Weight lifters and bodybuilders (because he is one of them)
4. Black people (because he is black, it wouldn't surprise me if Obama tunes in to the UFC but only if Overeem is fighting)

Overeem without a doubt. An exciting HW will almost always out draw an equally exciting fighter from a small weight class. It's just more exciting to the average fan to see big guys in a good fight than it is to see small guys in a good fight.

Back