• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who hits harder? Prime DC or Stipe?

This is fair. I think Werdums win over Cain was a good win but I'm not so sure that was the same guy from the JDS fights.
I think theres a case the JDS rematches were also quite favourable to Cain though as Jnr never had a great counter game to pressure and had very questionable defence against the cage.

A lot of paper/scissors/rock in that era IMHO.

Across 3 fights Stipe KO'd DC 1x and dropped him 2x, while DC KO'd him 1x and dropped him 1x.

So I have no idea how you came to that possible conclusion.
Only one guy got knocked out clean in all of those fights and it wasn't DC. In the third fight I can remember DC landing punches that had stipe stumbling back constantly. Stipe looked like he was going more for volume or maybe trying to match speed with the smaller quicker guy and so was taking more off his shots than he normally does. Even the commentators said something about dcs punches looking harder in comparison

Only one guy got knocked out clean in all of those fights and it wasn't DC. In the third fight I can remember DC landing punches that had stipe stumbling back constantly. Stipe looked like he was going more for volume or maybe trying to match speed with the smaller quicker guy and so was taking more off his shots than he normally does. Even the commentators said something about dcs punches looking harder in comparison
DC knocked out Stipe with his GNP after dropping him. Just like Stipe did to DC.

The 3rd fight involved DC getting saved by the bell after being dropped in the 2nd instead of being KO'd again.

Stipe > DC. You know, like their record shows.

DC knocked out Stipe with his GNP after dropping him. Just like Stipe did to DC.

The 3rd fight involved DC getting saved by the bell after being dropped in the 2nd instead of being KO'd again.

Stipe was already out before the ground and pound, that was just extra. Stipe landed a series of punches to wobble DC first then finally the ref came in as he wasn't protecting himself against the cage. He was still more there than stipes was who was flat on his back. Also DC is above stipe according to most people's rankings if we are talking atg status. Stipe is not even in a lot of people's top 10

Stipe hits harder, DC didn't really have knockout power at lightheavy weight

Stipe was already out before the ground and pound, that was just extra.
Stipe was out, which is why his limbs don't go limp until the GNP?

GIF-UFG.gif

Stipe landed a series of punches to wobble DC first then finally the ref came in as he wasn't protecting himself against the cage
stipe-miocic-daniel-cormier.gif

Stipe KO'd DC too and it will never not be funny you how you guys try and pretend conscious people fall absorbing punches with their legs splayed in different directions.

It wasn't as BAD of a KO, but it was a KO and if anything Stipe's extra punches re-woke Cormier up.

Also you're just completely ignoring that they fought a 3rd time where Stipe once again dropped Cormier but he got saved by the bell.

Also DC is above stipe according to most people's rankings if we are talking atg status. Stipe is not even in a lot of people's top 10
Even if you actually thought this, and given it completely to DC when he never actually was the #1 LHW and lost the trilogy to Stipe for #1 HW at the times, that has literally nothing to do with who hits harder.

I think Stipe hits all-around harder but DC has more wind-up power.

Stipe was out, which is why his limbs don't go limp until the GNP?

GIF-UFG.gif

stipe-miocic-daniel-cormier.gif

Stipe KO'd DC too and it will never not be funny you how you guys try and pretend conscious people fall absorbing punches with their legs splayed in different directions.

It wasn't as BAD of a KO, but it was a KO and if anything Stipe's extra punches re-woke Cormier up.

Also you're just completely ignoring that they fought a 3rd time where Stipe once again dropped Cormier but he got saved by the bell.

Even if you actually thought this, and given it completely to DC when he never actually was the #1 LHW and lost the trilogy to Stipe for #1 HW at the times, that has literally nothing to do with who hits harder.
One punch had stipe on his ass, DC had to receive a flurry to get finished. Stipe also had to get his mouth piece taken out by the ref, that's how bad it was. You're the one who brought up stipe being better than DC in the first place. I went there because you took it there first

One punch had stipe on his ass, DC had to receive a flurry to get finished. Stipe also had to get his mouth piece taken out by the ref, that's how bad it was. You're the one who brought up stipe being better than DC in the first place. I went there because you took it there first
Reading comprehension is hard.

But that's to be expected from a guy who thinks DC hits harder than Stipe despite Stipe:

- Having more KOs
- Having more KDs
- Having scored 2 KDs vs 1 KD head to head
- Having KO'd DC back and would've gotten a 2nd KO without DC being saved by the bell in the 3rd fight

I would assume stipe.

Whats weird is DC seemed to have more stopping power at HW compared to LHW

It was a good performance but Cain was coming off a two year layoff, gassed in the second round and fought two more times and retired. It's hard to say if it was Werdum who looked amazing or if Cain just looked like shit. I guess it's fair to say it was a bit of both.
Cain ‘gassed’ because he was beat up and his mouth and nose were busted and bleeding

But that's to be expected from a guy who thinks DC hits harder than Stipe despite Stipe:

- Having more KOs
- Having more KDs
- Having KO'd DC back and would've gotten a 2nd KO without DC being saved by the bell in the 3rd fight
Reading comprehension sure is hard. If you go back to my original comment I never said DC hit harder than stipe flat out. I made arguments for either. I only said DCs punches looked harder than stipes during their fights together but I also explained why their could be a reason for that. I also said looking at their highlights and record stipe seems like the harder puncher as well

- Having more KOs
- Having more KDs
Struve has more kos than stipe head to head, I guess he hits harder than stipe by your logic correct?

Reading comprehension sure is hard. If you go back to my original comment I never said DC hit harder than stipe flat out. I made arguments for either. I only said DCs punches looked harder than stipes during their fights together but I also explained why their could be a reason for that. I also said looking at their highlights and record stipe seems like the harder puncher as well
There isn't arguments for either when Stipe objectively has more evidence.

What are you, a fence sitter incapable of just stating what appears to actually be true?

DC knocked out BF when BF was coming off a win over Fedor and went on to melt Overeem and Browne in the UFC to get himself a title shot agaisnt Cain.

DC beat Barnett when Barnett was on an 8 fight winning streak with his ony loss in his last 10 fights coming to Big Nog.

These versions of BF and Barnett were much better fighters than the versions of Reem, JDS, AA and Werdum that Stipe beat.
Melting overeem meaning getting toyed with by a guy who had zero respect for Bigfoot whatsoever for 2 straight rounds before catching the chinniest heavyweight in history

Good win but Werdum was 39 and went 4-5 in his next 9.
Roy Nelson lost to stipe before he lost to dc, and his record is bad afterwards, like 3-6

Frank Mir was coming off a loss and then went 2-6 afterwards

Bigfoot got knocked out 7 times after losing to DC. He went 3-7-1, his best win when overeem was playing with him, literally playing with him and got caught cause he has a terrible chin

Back