Who has the most heart? - Your top 5

Honestly, I don't tend to watch little guys fight so I know who he is but nothing more ... I'll check out those fights

LWs aren't exactly little

I'd say based on fight they would be slightly smaller than a boxing Light Heavy weight.

He gave up in the last round of his fight with Cain. If you just give up and fall over you don't have the most heart

It was a self KO.

That was not quitting, he was trying to finish Cain with a sub and fprgot to protect his head when he landed.

That's Heart 101.

Cabage another.

Dude took some insane beating.

I really need to watch some Sakuraba fights. I wish I was a(n) MMA Fan during the PRIDE era.

Antonio Rodrigo Nougeria
Kazushi Sakuraba
Oleg Taktarov
Frankie Edgar
Diego Sanchez

The #1 attribute I enjoy in a fighter is "bushido", or warrior spirit. To me this means valuing violence and spirit over and above winning. I am thinking of the type of fighter who doesn't lose spirit when takin an ass whooping (think, the opposite of say Crocop, Lesnar).

This isn't about beating your opponent; its about not losing to yourself.

My top 5 examples, in no particular order, are:

1) Sakuraba - the epitome of this was his war with Arona (wars with Wand too). He had an excellent quote about his desire to fight rather than stall which brings me to tears.

2) Nogeuria - the beatings he took from Sapp, Crocop, Fedor x 3 ... he had little regard for his health

3) Minowa - I will never forget the ass whooping Rampage put on him - and he got right back up, went cup to cup with Quentin and challenged him to fight at next years event

4) Hunto - When the man says dying in the ring would be an honor, I believe him

5) Lawlor - his wars with MacDonald and Condit serve as a template for digging deep under pressure. His fight with Manhoeff back in the day, same. The staredowns with MacDonald and the following of Hendricks after their second war, epic. As a Toronto native, I can only compare his pressure performance with Jose Bautista's bat flipping ways in the Oct'15 playoffs.

Honorable mention goes to
Diego...
JDS
Paige
Moldonado
Matt Brown
Edgar

I started this thread because I am sure there are even better examples and I would love to hear about them.

Who are your top 5 and why?

(edited for honorable mentions... some fucking gems there!)
Vitor , sage, sonnen, starnes and rumble

El Cucuy could probably make honorable mention.

Igor Vovchanchyn.

Why is Brock the opposite of a guy with a heart?

Brock surviving in the Carwin fight is one of the best displays of a fighters heart out there.

Gotta give props to Rory for enduring the beating from Lawler

Sakuraba
Big Nog
Matt Brown
JDS
Frankie

I like this list, but would have Frankie at #3, and replace JDS with Lawler. But JDS still a good choice. Guess this should be a top ten.
Bob Sapp is the ultimate antithesis.

No particular order
- Sakuraba
- Hendo
- Edgar
- Wanderlei
- Antonio Rodrigo

I like this list, but would have Frankie at #3, and replace JDS with Lawler. But JDS still a good choice. Guess this should be a top ten.
Bob Sapp is the ultimate antithesis.
Lawler and Hunt were in the race but didn't make the cut.

Edgar is a heart that walks like a man. Absolutely 0 quit in that guy.

thumb_12646_fighter_main_pic_default.png

Shit I forgot to add Lawler on my list, the fact that he kept his composure in his fight with Melvin Manhoef shows he is impossible to get to.

Hackney-smashing-Joe-Sons-balls.gif

Didn't tap. Just saying.

He tapped about 10 seconds later.

Yuki Kondo is the right answer.

Jamie Varner deserves a mention.

PVZ... Are you joking me?? As soon as she saw her own blood she just covered up and turned her back, even on the feet. Would have been funny to watch if she wasn't getting paid so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back