Who has the most heart? - Your top 5

Are the Paige comments serious or not?
Did you see her last fight? She was outclassed and could have looked for a way out at anytime, fought off subs ... Its hard to gain credibilty after an ass whooping like that and she moved up in my book

Robbie Lawler
Frankie Edgar
Carlos Condit
Alexander Gustafsson
Paige Van Zant

OP's list is good.

I also like Ed Herman, Royce Gracie and JDS in that regard.

Rich Franklin and Chuck were also guaranteed to keep coming at you unless they were unconscious.

Good call on JDS, he should have had honorable mention!

I will look out for the Paige vs Rose fight... when someone has half assed skill it is all the more impressive.

Robbie Lawler
Frankie Edgar
Carlos Condit
Alexander Gustafsson
Paige Van Zant
Just gonna steal my five kid? .... that's what the fucking like button is for.... Just kiddin Kenny, you have good taste

Condit
Lawler
Edgar

it's fucking Lawler!! god damnit

on topic

1. JDS
2. Hunt
3. Edgar
4. Lawler
5. Condit

Only one I can think of not mentioned are akira Shoji and enson Inoue.

The #1 attribute I enjoy in a fighter is "bushido", or warrior spirit. To me this means valuing violence and spirit over and above winning. I am thinking of the type of fighter who doesn't lose spirit when takin an ass whooping (think, the opposite of say Crocop, Lesnar).

This isn't about beating your opponent; its about not losing to yourself.

My top 5 examples, in no particular order, are:

1) Sakuraba - the epitome of this was his war with Arona (wars with Wand too). He had an excellent quote about his desire to fight rather than stall which brings me to tears.

2) Nogeuria - the beatings he took from Sapp, Crocop, Fedor x 3 ... he had little regard for his health

3) Minowa - I will never forget the ass whooping Rampage put on him - and he got right back up, went cup to cup with Quentin and challenged him to fight at next years event

4) Hunto - When the man says dying in the ring would be an honor, I believe him

5) Lawlor - his wars with MacDonald and Condit serve as a template for digging deep under pressure. His fight with Manhoeff back in the day, same. The staredowns with MacDonald and the following of Hendricks after their second war, epic. As a Toronto native, I can only compare his pressure performance with Jose Bautista's bat flipping ways in the Oct'15 playoffs.

Honorable mention goes to Diego...

I started this thread because I am sure there are even better examples and I would love to hear about them.

Who are your top 5 and why?
1. Frankie Edgar
2. Jon Fitch (especially against GSP)
3. Junior Dos Santos
4. Big Nog
5. Cain Valasquez

Frankie
Faber
Sakuraba
Diego
Nog

just was having this conversation the other day with my pops. of the active guys. matt muthafuckin brown!!!! mark hunt. travis browne.

And it isn't even close.

cm-punk-profile-1.jpg
You are correct sir

Yuki Nakai
Sakuraba
Big Nog
Frankie
Struve

also any chance to post this gif:
tumblr_nqk07i49JG1rr12hoo1_500.gif
Yuki Nakai is the definition of heart, that tournament alone took more balls than most fighters have.

Yuki Nakai
Saku
Minowa
Hendo
BJ

These guys will fight anyone, anytime, any weight, any place.

Good call on JDS, he should have had honorable mention!

I will look out for the Paige vs Rose fight... when someone has half assed skill it is all the more impressive.

He gave up in the last round of his fight with Cain. If you just give up and fall over you don't have the most heart

Sakuraba is the undisputed HEART GOAT.

1. 1:30 hs fighting undefeated Royce Gracie and in the same fuckin day fight undefeated beast Igor Vovchanchyn and draw with him!.
2. Recover and submits Kestutis Smirnovas.
3. Recover and submits Zelg Galesic.
4. Being a WW and fight LHW Belfort, Randleman, Rampage, Shamrock, Wand, Little Nog, Mezger.
5. Being a WW and fight HW Mirko Cro Cop.
6. Every Saku fight.

Just gonna steal my five kid? .... that's what the fucking like button is for.... Just kiddin Kenny, you have good taste
Hey man, give me some credit, at least I listed them in a different order. Will I still be banned for plagiarism again?

Back