Who has the greatest loss on their resume?

Chael against Anderson

Being juiced to the gills and still losing isn't a great loss.

It's about as embarrassing as it gets.

Slightly biased, as I'm Canadian and live near London, Ontario. But, my vote is Aldo / Hominik. The height of Marks career was also the beginning of the end. But what a fight. Mark won a couple rounds even.

I love Mark but the only round he won was the last, while looking like the Elephant Man.

Heath Herring Vs. Yoshihiro Nakao

heath-herring-gets-kissed-o.gif

Being juiced to the gills and still losing isn't a great loss.

It's about as embarrassing as it gets.

That fight catapulted him from being essentially a nobody to a somebody. The amount of hype he generated via shit talking and then backing it up for 4.5 rounds made him a big name in the sport. Regardless of the TRT issues he became a star in MMA because of that fight

That fight catapulted him from being essentially a nobody to a somebody. The amount of hype he generated via shit talking and then backing it up for 4.5 rounds made him a big name in the sport. Regardless of the TRT issues he became a star in MMA because of that fight

Oh, greatness in terms of being an MMA celebrity? Then we agree.

I misunderstood the thread as being about greatness as an MMA fighter.

Oh, greatness in terms of being an MMA celebrity? Then we agree.

I misunderstood the thread as being about greatness as an MMA fighter.

Either way the fight was good for Sonnen. Anderson pretty much crushed all of the fighters he fought in the UFC or made them look terrible. Sonnen made Anderson look extremely beatable. You can't deny that what Sonnen showed in that fight was a pretty pivotal point in his career. Even though he beat Okami before fighting Anderson, many people did not think Sonnen was that great of a MW, and many thought Anderson would beat him quite easily.

Either way the fight was good for Sonnen. Anderson pretty much crushed all of the fighters he fought in the UFC or made them look terrible. Sonnen made Anderson look extremely beatable. You can't deny that what Sonnen showed in that fight was a pretty pivotal point in his career. Even though he beat Okami before fighting Anderson, many people did not think Sonnen was that great of a MW, and many thought Anderson would beat him quite easily.

Except the failed PED test meant none of what he did as a fighter the first time against Anderson meant anything. Any points you earned are wiped once it's found you were cheating to earn them. (Unless you work for an American Bank of course.)

That's why the rematch was so hyped. Because we all wondered how well a clean version of Chael could do against Anderson. And we got our answer.

Teixeira vs Maldonado

Even though it was very one-sided, this was the fight that put Maldonado on the map because of the hellacious beating he endured.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back