Who has the greatest loss on their resume?

clearly its rory macdonald after the robbie fight

everyones respect for him went way up after that despite him losing

I don't know, for some people the fact he gave up in the final round (he looked like he went down in pain not from being rocked) when he was winning detracts from his performance for some people. Giving up in a title fight is rare in pro MMA.

I don't know, for some people the fact he gave up in the final round (he looked like he went down in pain not from being rocked) when he was winning detracts from his performance for some people. Giving up in a title fight is rare in pro MMA.

Gosh, some people show some overwhelming level of idiocy.

Gotta be Gus he pretty much lived off that loss for over two years hell he got another title shot coming off of a KO loss for his loss to Jones.

These come to mind:

Mir vs Big Nog

Big Nog was steam rolling Mir and had just rocked him, decided to go for a sub (to prove a point maybe?!) and got brutally submitted instead.

Kampmann vs Alves
Alves rocked Kampmann in the 3rd and shot for a double leg, got caught in a guillotine... He was seconds away from edging a decision and ended up losing via sub.

Not a troll question. Which fighter has the most impressive performance in an official loss? For example,

Jacare Souza against Yoel Romero
etc.

What was impressive about that fight?

Cro Cop vs Schaub

1st round of Fedor vs Cro Cop

Suprisongly haven't seen Jones vs Hamill yet. Might not have looked hard enough.

Reem vs Bigfoot, Rothwell, Browne, Liddell

Jose Aldo vs Conor Mcgregor...

Just kidding

Chuck Liddell's loss to Keith Jardine.

Nah... Chuck's one of my top 10 all time favorite warriors.... but Jardine ate him up with leg kicks, body kicks and even dropped him. I frickin' hated watching that. We all thought that just maybe the Rampage loss was a fluke and he got caught like Chuck was saying, but it was clear. Chuck was not evolving....and declining

Nah... Chuck's one of my top 10 all time favorite warriors.... but Jardine ate him up with leg kicks, body kicks and even dropped him. I frickin' hated watching that. We all thought maybe the Rampage loss was just a fluke and he got caught but it was clear. Chuck was not evolving....and declining

Come on man... Keith Jardine? The one that Bader made do the stank leg dance??

At the time Jardine seemed like was was destined for the top, but looking back it's embarrassing to see that name there.

bj penn vs frankie 1
shogun vs machida 1
shogun vs hendo 1
all of the fighters that dropped a decision to diego sanchez

Yuji Nagata has the 2 best losses of anyone ever.....and he only had 2 fights!

Chuck Liddell's loss to Keith Jardine.

Terrible performance from Liddell in that fight.

Hamill/Bisping because I recently spoke of it but the best I can recall is Sonnen/Silva 1.

Mirko Filipovic vs Antonio Rodirgo Nougeria

Come on man... Keith Jardine? The one that Bader made do the stank leg dance??

At the time Jardine seemed like was was destined for the top, but looking back it's embarrassing to see that name there.

exactly, the thread is greatest loss right? I dont think that was a "great loss" for chuck

or is that what ur saying? my bad I cant interpret lol

exactly, the thread is greatest loss right? I dont think that was a "great loss" for chuck

or is that what ur saying? my bad I cant interpret lol

I just think it looks bad on paper... Not Saku/Elvis bad, but still legacy wise it's pretty horrible to see that there.

Great fight though. They beat the fuck out of each other when they bother still had chins.

GSP getting tko'd by Matt "The Meatball" Serra was pretty bad.

Slightly biased, as I'm Canadian and live near London, Ontario. But, my vote is Aldo / Hominik. The height of Marks career was also the beginning of the end. But what a fight. Mark won a couple rounds even.

Hendricks to GSP, especially now that we know how things turned out for him.

Back