Who has the greatest loss on their resume?

Well the greatest robbery I've seen is Ross/Diego, so him.

I think this thread is looking for fights where one fighter clearly lost, but put in a heroic effort. Chael vs Andy 1 is a good example

TS listed plenty of fights where no fighter clearly lost.

Mendes only loss to 3 goat
Edit:missread the thread sorry

In terms of not a robbery or any roiding involved Gus has the best loses on his resume against Jones (to this date the only man to fuck Jones up) and DC (who has stated its the biggest beating he's ever taken)

Hendricks v GSP for me by a landslide considering he actually should have won

Karo Parysian vs. Diego Sanchez
Karo Parysian vs. Matt Serra
Karo Parysian vs. Nick Diaz

Not a troll question. Which fighter has the most impressive performance in an official loss? For example -

Alexander Gustafsson against Jon Jones
Alexander Gustafsson against Daniel Cormier
Stipe Miocic against Junior Dos Santos
Claudia Gadelha against Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Johny Hendricks against Georges St-Pierre
Carlos Condit against Robbie Lawler
TJ Dillashaw against Dominic Cruz
Jacare Souza against Yoel Romero
etc.
BJ Penn vs. GSP I
Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz I

Shogun decision loss to Machida.
Sakuraba towel thrown TKO to Igor Vovchanchyn.

Sakuraba had just fought 90 mins against Royce Gracie, while Igor Vovchanchyn scored a quick KO. Because of the same-night tourney format, this means a completely drained Sakuraba was facing a completely fresh HEAVYWEIGHT who is also arguably the most devastating puncher in MMA.

Holy fuck.

Bonnars BS loss to Forrest on TUF finale...No way Forrest landed more than Bonnar did in that fight.

Im not a fan of either tbh, but I dont think Bonnar was ever the same after that robbery...I think it stripped his heart/soul actually. I watched it enough to know Forrest lost without any doubt...

Also, Gus losing to Jones was BS too. How can 1 elbow win Jones the fight? I mean seriously, if anything it should have been a draw and an immediate rematch...

Almost all of the above.
I would mention also that Stann defeat vs. Wand was huge. I mean, Wand wasn´t at his prime but still very dangerous, and that fight was just a batshit crazy war. Wand took the victory but the fight was epic and there is nothing in it that Stann should feel ashamed of.

Not a troll question. Which fighter has the most impressive performance in an official loss? For example -

etc.
Nick's past 2 losses to GSP then Silva at 185 lbs ate imo

So this is basically best performance in a fight someone lost?

I would put Carwin vs Brock up there as the fight was as one-sided as it gets until he gassed.

Jones getting DQed against Hammil.

Gus against Jones and DC.

Paul Daley against Nick Diaz. He almost KOed Nick standing before Nick came back.

Frankie against Henderson. (Thought he got robbed)

Henderson against Petis. That was a great fight by Benson and dead even until the cage kick.

Manhoef against Lawler. Still don't know how Robbie got the KO on one leg.

Chael against Anderson
KZ against Garcia
Phan against Garcia
If Chael didn't pop dirty after that fight would probably be top 1-2 on any list anywhere. Crazy a guy can win 23 minutes straight and then lose the fight. Great example.

etc.
I would say Jon Jones against Matt Hamill.

Wanderlei Silva vs Gilbert Yvel.

The fight lasted about 10 seconds. Wanderlei threw one kick which completely crippled Yvel.

Wanderei gets the loss because the kick landed in Yvel's balls. The fight happened when Wanderlei was at his muscled up half-man half-gorilla prime, and it just made him seem even scarier than before.

clearly its rory macdonald after the robbie fight

everyones respect for him went way up after that despite him losing

Back